Chinese chicken and rice. This One Pot Chinese Chicken and Rice starts off with a simple Asian chicken marinade that doubles as the sauce to flavour the rice. The Sauce-Marinade is made with just soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine (see recipe for subs), Oyster Sauce and pepper. Cooked egg is shredded and mixed with a stir fry of chicken, rice and onion in soy sauce in this fundamental Chinese dish..
Mix Chicken and Marinade in a bowl. Place rice ingredients, including oil, soy sauce, cooking wine, stock, and water, in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, Chinese broccoli, and baby bok choy all work very well. You can cook Chinese chicken and rice using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese chicken and rice
- It’s of Chicken Marinade.
- You need of Chicken breast diced.
- You need 1 of Egg white.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flour.
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 8-10 tbsp of ketchup.
- It’s 5-6 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need 3-4 tbsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of water mixed with flour.
- You need 1 of onion sliced in 4.
- You need of Green pepper cut.
- It’s of Yellow pepper cut.
- Prepare of Carrot thinly round sliced.
Once you pull the chicken rice out from under the broiler, you'll see that the chicken skin is perfectly browned and the top layer of rice has crisped up and tastes heavenly. Add the chicken and fry until just cooked, then add the rice, peas and sweetcorn. Mix together all of the sauce ingredients, pour over the chicken and rice and fry for one minute. Season the eggs with a little salt (if using).
Chinese chicken and rice step by step
- Mix the chicken marinade recipes together first and leave to settle while making the rest of the recipe.
- Lightly saute the vegetables in oil for a few minutes.
- Mix the ketchup sauce ingredients and cook boil until a bit thick in texture.
- Add the vegetables to the sauce and cook for a little bit.
- Deep fry the chicken in oil until cooked for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and cook for just a short time till its covered with sauce but the crunchiness shouldn't disappear.
- Serve with rice.
Chinese Chicken and Rice Porridge (Congee) Also known as jook, congee turns up in Chinese households morning, noon, and night. This thick rendition is made heartier with the addition of chicken. Cook rice according to package directions. In a large bowl, toss coleslaw mix and chicken with half of the dressing. Serve edamame and slaw mixture over rice; drizzle with remaining dressing.