Shredded Mexican Chicken – Slow Cooker. Get just the right utensils for the job. Free UK delivery on eligible orders Looking For Mexican Cooker? We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
Serve in tacos, enchiladas, burritos, salads, or burrito bowls. I don't recommend longer because the chicken may dry out. Rub chicken breasts with oil and place in the bottom of your slow cooker. You can cook Shredded Mexican Chicken – Slow Cooker using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shredded Mexican Chicken – Slow Cooker
- It’s of lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s of salsa.
- Prepare of brown sugar.
- Prepare of mild diced green chilies.
- It’s of diced tomatoes, drained.
- Prepare of onion, diced.
- Prepare of chili powder.
- You need of salt.
- You need of cumin.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- Prepare of onion powder.
- You need of smoked paprika.
- You need of oregano.
- It’s of black pepper.
- It’s of liquid smoke.
- You need of ground chipotle chili pepper (optional for more heat).
Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the hot sauce. Pour the salsa over the chicken breasts and cover the slow cooker. Remove the chicken breasts and shred. Return the shredded meat to the slow cooker and stir to get it well mixed with the sauce.
Shredded Mexican Chicken – Slow Cooker step by step
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker. Place the chicken in the bottom..
- In a medium bowl, stir together the rest of the ingredients. Then pour over the top of the chicken..
- Cook either on high for 3-4 hours OR low for 6-7 hours, until the chicken is tender enough to shred easily..
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and allow it to rest for 5 minutes or so, then use 2 forks to shred it. Stir the chicken back into the remaining juices/salsa mix and cook on low for an additional 20 minutes..
- After the additional 20 minutes, remove the chicken from the slow cooker with a slotted spoon. Use the chicken in your favorite recipe (some suggestions are listed in the recipe description and a few are pictured below)!.
- Chicken Nachos –>.
- Chicken Quesadilla Pie. –>.
- Southwestern Style Chicken Potato Skins –>.
- Easy Chicken Taquitos –>.
How to make Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken This Mexican Chicken could not be any easier to make. Simply add the chicken thighs, seasonings, green chilies, chipotle peppers, salsa and diced tomatoes to the slow cooker. Shredded chicken breast tossed in a killer Mexican sauce, loaded with smokey chipotle flavours. Instructions In your slow cooker, combine the chicken (if it's frozen, no need to defrost, throw it in frozen), Hunt's diced tomatoes, chicken broth, cumin, salt and pepper. HOW TO FREEZE SHREDDED MEXICAN CHICKEN: Let it cool completely.