Blackened Tilapia 1-2-3. Cajun cuisine is one of those types the hubby and I absolutely love, but hardly ever eat for some reason. The hubby was craving some blackened anything the other day, so I made this for him using the blackened seasoning I made and it turned out great! It was the first time I had cooked with said seasoning and I was pleased the results met.
Cajun cuisine is one of those types the hubby and I absolutely love, but hardly ever eat for some reason. The hubby was craving some blackened anything the other day, so I made this for him using the blackened seasoning I made and it turned out great! Clean the fish and pat dry then set aside. You can have Blackened Tilapia 1-2-3 using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blackened Tilapia 1-2-3
- You need 2 of tilapia fillets (about 4 oz each).
- It’s 4 tsp of your favorite blackened seasoning, plus more if you want spicier (for my seasoning recipe see step 2).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt (optional).
- It’s of olive oil.
In a medium bowl, toss avocado, tomato, jalapeño, and coriander. Heat skillet over medium high heat. In a small bowl, stir together apple pie spice, thyme, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Brush oil over both sides of fillets.
Blackened Tilapia 1-2-3 step by step
- If your tilapia is frozen thaw for about 30 minutes in a flat dish of cold water (like a small casserole). When thawed, remove from water, Place on top of a small stack of paper towels to absorb excess water and gently pat tops dry..
- Transfer tilapia to a clean, dry plate. Season both sides of both fillets with 1 tsp blackened season each, gently patting seasoning onto each side, use more or less as desired for more or less heat. Add a pinch of salt to each side before the seasoning, if desired (I personally don't use it for this recipe). Place in refrigerator and let sit 30 minutes to 1 hour. This part's important, just like a marinade. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/361433-blacken-your-soul-seasoning.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat (I use a 10" skillet for two fillets). Add just enough oil to coat the bottom when you swirl the skillet around, usually about 2-3 tsp. Let oil heat for about 30 seconds. When oil is "shimmering" carefully add tilapia to the skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes per side. You will know when each side is done because it will "release" from the pan easily when you begin to slide a spatula underneath the fillet..
- Serving suggestions: Serve with your favorite sides. Rice, mashed potatoes, steamed veggies are all good. I made my cauliflower "risotto" and roasted tomatoes with mushrooms for the picture shown. Below are a couple sides we like. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/348901-roasted-cauliflower-risotto https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/353561-roasted-tomatoes-with-mushrooms https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/340517-meow-mash-perterders.
Sprinkle fillets with spice mix, press in. Calories, carbs, fat, protein, fiber, cholesterol, and more for Blackened Tilapia (Applebee's). Want to use it in a meal plan? Head to the diet generator and enter the number of calories you want. Held to the best sustainability standards, this Indonesian Farm Raised fish is delicate in nature and prepared with care by our chefs.