Salmon Oscar. Grill salmon according to package directions. Drizzle asparagus with the olive oil and toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with garlic, salt, and pepper. Arrange asparagus on a baking sheet in a single layer.
This dish is decadent and delicious that gets prepared for special occasions, especially when you want to impress. It's my spin on a classic dish using salmon (instead of veal). The trick naturally is using a sauce packet for the béarnaise sauce. You can cook Salmon Oscar using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salmon Oscar
- Prepare 2 of salmon fillets (6 oz. each).
- Prepare 3 tbs. of olive oil, divided.
- Prepare Dash of salt and pepper.
- It’s Dash of dried tarragon.
- You need Dash of dried dill weed.
- You need 1 cup of jasmine rice (uncooked).
- You need 8 of asparagus spears, ends trimmed.
- It’s 1 of packet, béarnaise sauce (Knorr brand).
- Prepare 8 oz. of lump crab meat.
- Prepare Dash of Old Bay seasoning.
- It’s 4 tbs. of butter (unsalted), divided.
- Prepare 1 tbs. of minced garlic.
Salmon Oscar is grilled salmon topped with lump crab meat, sitting on a bed of asparagus and drizzled with Béarnaise sauce! Don't freak out, it is relatively simple to prepare and guaranteed to impress! How to make Classic Salmon Oscar: Salmon Oscar is one of the easiest meals but it looks and tastes super fancy! You can do this on the stove or air fryer.
Salmon Oscar instructions
- Lightly rinse the salmon under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Brush the salmon with olive oil and top with a dash of the suggested seasonings. Set aside..
- Prepare the side dishes of jasmine rice (or couscous), asparagus, and the béarnaise sauce. For timing purposes, the rice takes the longest..
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Season the butter with Old Bay seasoning, add the garlic, and sauté the crab meat for two minutes..
- Place the crab meat in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and set aside..
- In the same pan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. When hot, place the salmon fillets (skin side up) in the pan and cook for 6 minutes. Do not disturb..
- Flip the fillets over with a spatula and continue cooking for another 3 minutes..
- Preheat oven broiler..
- If using an oven-proof pan, remove the pan from stove burner and top the fillets with crab meat. [Alternative to using a pan is to use a raised edge baking sheet, lightly greased].
- Set the pan under the broiler (about 4”) for about 90 seconds to lightly brown the crab meat. Remove the pan from the oven and set aside..
- You can either plate the dish individually or serve on a large platter for a group dinner..
- Place the fillets on a bed of rice, along with the asparagus spears, and spoon the béarnaise sauce generously over the top..
- Garnish with lemon slices and enjoy..
Seared salmon on top of crunchy asparagus and topped with crab and a quick Bernaise sauce. Our version of Salmon Oscar combines the decadence of jumbo lump crab and asparagus with a buttery, breaded salmon fillet. We love this dish this time of year because of the bright flavors and color of the sun-dried tomatoes, comforting orzo pasta, and spinach. A festive red and green dish from our table to yours! Arrange cooked asparagus on a plate with the salmon.