Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe. Get just the right utensils for the job. Free UK delivery on eligible orders Fees & T&Cs apply. Your favourite Chicken restaurants available on Deliveroo.
Once I picked pineapple as my base taste, I just started adding ingredients and tasting as I added them. Instructions Place chicken, onions, and garlic in a slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine pineapple, coconut aminos, lime juice, ground ginger, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. You can have Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe
- You need 2 of lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3 large breasts).
- You need 1 1/4 cup of pineapple juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of lime juice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of liquid smoke.
- You need 1 tsp. of sriracha (use more for more spice).
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of honey.
- You need 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of black ground pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/4 cup of cold water.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- It’s of Suggested for serving :.
- Prepare of ·King's Hawaiian Burger Rolls.
- You need of ·Pineapple rings.
- You need of or.
- Prepare of ·Jasmine or Basmati Rice OR Quinoa.
- It’s of ·Sesamee Seeds.
- You need of ·Scallions.
- You need of ·Diced Onion.
Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe. Use Our Step-By-Step Guide To Cook Simple and Delectable Meal Plans. Hawaiian Shredded Chicken is the perfect blend of sweet and savory.
Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe step by step
- Start by trimming the fat off of the chicken breasts. Lightly grease the slow cooker and place the breasts down in the bottom..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients EXCEPT for the cold water and cornstarch..
- Pour the pineapple mixture over the chicken breasts..
- Set the slow cooker to low for 6-7 hours (or high for 3-4) depending on how long you'd like to have it cooking..
- Once the cook time is up, take the chicken breasts out of the slow cooker and let them rest on a cutting board for about 5 minutes. The chicken should be very tender and falling apart. Then using 2 forks or your fingers, shred the chicken. Once shredded, set aside..
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the cold water and the cornstarch. Carefully transfer the liquid from the crockpot to a medium saucepan. Whisk in the cornstarch slurry and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened (should reach a syrupy consistency)… this will only take a few minutes..
- Toss the shredded chicken in the thickened pineapple sauce and stir to coat it all. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers..
- For serving, we used toasted King's Hawaiian Burger Rolls and topped with melted provolone cheese and pineapple rings. Then used whatever additional toppings we wanted (lettuce, tomatoes, onion, etc…)..
- This chicken is also pretty tasty served over rice or quinoa, sprinkled with diced pineapple, diced onions, sesamee seeds and scallions –>.
It's flavorful, light, and a simple slow cooker meal. And your whole family will love it. Shredded Barbeque Chicken Easy Hawaiian Bbq Chicken. You can serve this Slow Cooker Hawaiian Bbq Chicken up for a party. Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe step by step Start by trimming the fat off of the chicken breasts.