Shredded Balsamic Chicken Pitas. Shredded chicken breast tossed with sun dried tomatoes, Asiago cheese and basil served in pitas with mixed greens. Ingredients of Shredded Balsamic Chicken Pitas. Shredded Balsamic Chicken Pitas Pitas • Shredded Chicken (pre boil and shred with a fork once cooled) • Sun Dried Tomato Pesto • Parmesan or Asiago Cheese (shredded) • Sun Ripened Roasted Red Peppers (cut in pieces) • Salt • Fresh Pressed Garlic • Tomatoes Put everything except the pita and mixed green into a mixing bowl Mix well Cut pitas in half Line inside of each half with mixed greens and fill with shredded chicken mix As usual, take a picture and tag @Pizza_and_Perrier Enjoy!
Divide chicken mixture evenly among pita halves. I grilled off my own chicken, marinating it in balsamic and garlic first. This is super simple and yummy. You can cook Shredded Balsamic Chicken Pitas using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shredded Balsamic Chicken Pitas
- You need of Pitas.
- It’s of Shredded Chicken (pre boil and shred with a fork once cooled).
- It’s of Sun Dried Tomato Pesto.
- You need of Parmesan or Asiago Cheese (shredded).
- Prepare of Sun Ripened Roasted Red Peppers (cut in pieces).
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Fresh Pressed Garlic.
- Prepare of Tomatoes.
- You need of Mixed Greens.
- You need of Balsamic Dressing of Choice.
- You need of Fresh Basil (chopped finely).
This was very easy to make and very flavorful. I baked my chicken in the oven as I don't like using precooked chicken. I shared it with a co-worker and she loved it also. Meanwhile, remove chicken from cooker; place on plate.
Shredded Balsamic Chicken Pitas instructions
- Add chicken (pre cooked and shredded), garlic, black and red pepper, cheese, dressing, and basil in a bowl and mix well..
- Add mixed greens, tomatoe and chicken mix into pita halves. Serve 2 halves or one whole pita stuffed per serving..
If grilling the chicken, lightly oil the grill rack. Fill each pita half with chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, onion and cheese; drizzle with sauce. Arrange warmed pita, sliced chicken, lettuce, onion, tomato, olives, and pepperoncini on a serving platter. Serve tzatziki sauce and feta cheese in separate bowls on the side. Stuff pita pockets with chicken and toppings to serve.