Charred broccoli cream soup. Great recipe for Charred broccoli cream soup. By itself, broccoli can be a little light in personality. Which I suppose is why it's paired with cheese so often.
It's creamy and satisfying, yet light and nutritious at the same time. This soup is a lovely side dish for your favorite sandwiches and hearty salads. You might be intrigued by some of the elements in this cream of broccoli soup recipe. You can have Charred broccoli cream soup using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Charred broccoli cream soup
- You need 4 of broccoli crowns.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of large shallot, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of heap tsp chicken stock paste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fresh thyme leaves.
- It’s 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
For starters, it's lusciously creamy with minimal cream—we'll primarily use butter and just. Add the broccoli into the now cooled cooking broth that is in the bowl of the food processor and process for a minute or two, until finely chopped. Add the broccoli to the soup base and heat through. Easy to prepare. warm the olive oil in a large soup pot and add the onions.
Charred broccoli cream soup instructions
- Trim the broccoli, separating the florets from the thicker stems, and chopping all into bite-sized pieces..
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a medium pot. Add all the broccoli stems and simmer 2 minutes. Add 1/4 of the florets and simmer another 1 minute. Strain, reserving the liquid..
- Put the pot back on medium heat. Add the butter and shallot. Fry for 1 minute to soften the shallot. Pour the broccoli water back into the pot. Add the chicken stock paste, a pinch of salt, and a few grinds of freshly cracked black pepper, and bring to a simmer..
- Return the parboiled broccoli to the pot and add the thyme leaves. Simmer for 10 minutes, then blitz with an immersion blender until smooth (for safety, you might want to let the soup cool a bit before doing this). Turn the heat up to medium-high and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until reduced and thickened slightly..
- While waiting on the soup, put a medium pan on high heat. I suggest using cast iron or carbon steel for this step. Add a splash of veg oil, then the remaining broccoli florets and a good pinch of salt. Let sear, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli's singed and softened (but not mushy). Remove the florets and set them aside..
- Take the pot off the heat and stir in the cream. Add the charred florets. Check the seasoning and add more salt and pepper as needed. Serve hot..
Cook until soft and golden in colour. Add the potatoes and continue to stir for a few minutes. Add the broccoli and stir to coat in the butter. Add the cream cheese and stir until melted. Purée the soup until well blended using a hand held.