Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes. Hundreds Of Different Retro Hampers & Gifts To Choose From. From Gourmet Food Hampers To Retro Sweet Hampers, Order Your Perfect Hamper Today! Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now.
Season with black pepper and stir in the spring onions and coriander. Once cool, freeze in a well-sealed bag or container. Defrost overnight in the fridge, then reheat in a pan with a splash of cold water. You can have Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Prepare 3 of large sweet potatoes; peeled & cubed.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves; peeled.
- Prepare 7 oz of chipotle salsa.
- You need 1 T of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 T of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 t of smoked cumin.
- Prepare 1 t of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 3 T of butter.
- It’s as needed of kosher salt.
Stir in butter, broth, chipotles and salt. Instructions Peel and rinse the sweet potatoes, then chop them into small cubes. Set them into a pot and cover them with water. Boil the sweet potatoes until they are fork.
Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes step by step
- Boil sweet potatoes and garlic in cold, salted water until easily pierced with a small paring knife. Drain and return to empty pot on high heat while shaking pot for 1 minute to remove excess moisture from potatoes..
- Add potatoes, salt, and spices. Mash together..
- Variations; Sour cream, crema, heavy cream, milk, pumpkin, clove, agave, honey, lime, pineapple, mango, carrot, avocado, cumin, cilantro, maple, orange zest, butternut squash, spinach, acorn squash, plantain, coconut milk, cranberry, bourbon, rum, rosemary, thyme.
Add the sweet potatoes to a large bowl and add the butter, chipotles in adobo, crema or sour cream,. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil. Place the washed and dried sweet potatoes on the prepared sheet pan and pierce each potato four times with a small knife. These were a nice change from standard mashed sweet potatoes; I really liked the kick of the chipotle, and the lime juice added a nice touch too. I would probably cut back on the sugar next time, however, as it was a bit sweet for my taste.