Crock Pot Shredded Chicken. Find All the Kitchen Appliances Online. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Your favourite Chicken restaurants available on Deliveroo.
Pour in chicken broth and sprinkle with seasonings. Take the chicken out of the slow cooker and put it on a plate. While it's still warm, use two forks to pull it apart. You can have Crock Pot Shredded Chicken using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Shredded Chicken
- It’s 2 of large Chicken Breast.
- It’s 2 of large Cans of Diced Tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of Jalapeños(or any other peppers to taste).
- You need 2 tbsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Chili Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Granulated Garlic.
- You need 2 of medium Diced Onions.
- It’s 1 bunch of Cilantro(Optional).
You can shred it to your desired consistency. Instructions Place chicken in slow cooker and sprinkle with dressing. Pour broth/sherry over chicken until almost but not fully covered. Use two forks to shred the chicken right in the crockpot.
Crock Pot Shredded Chicken step by step
- Blend 1 can of the tomatoes in a blender and pour into crock pot..
- Add the onions, jalapeños and spices.
- Pour the other can of diced tomatoes and mix all the ingredients well..
- Bury the chicken, and cook in the crock pot on high for 3-4 hours and mix occasionally..
- Remove the chicken and shred with a fork and return to the crock pot. Season to taste. The spice measurements that work for me, but are just estimates..
- Serve over rice or in a tortilla with sour cream and cheese..
- If you want you can use the same recipe with beef. Just season, and brown the beef in a frying pan then place in the crock pot..
The chicken will absorb any liquid in the pot as you shred it. Serve immediately or let chicken cool completely before transferring to airtight containers. Chicken is done when cooked through and easy to shred. Remove chicken to a cutting board and shred each breast using two forks. Place shredded chicken back in the crock pot and stir to coat with the yummy sauce.