Chicken Curry Tonkatsu. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Remove from the pan and keep warm while you fry the. Method Press down firmly with the palm of your hand to slightly flatten each chicken breast.
Top with the curry sauce, katsu chicken or tofu, and serve with the cucumber, carrot ribbons, herbs and lime wedges. Slice the cooked chicken katsu into strips and lay over a bed of rice before adding the curry sauce. Heat oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat. You can cook Chicken Curry Tonkatsu using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Curry Tonkatsu
- Prepare of Chicken cutlet.
- It’s 6 of chicken breasts.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare of Bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Cornstarch.
- Prepare of Egg.
- You need of Sauce.
- It’s 1 box of Vermont Curry cubes.
- You need 8 of medium baby carrots.
- It’s 3 of large potatoes.
- Prepare .5 lbs of lean ground beef.
- It’s 2 of large bell peppers.
- Prepare 1 of large white onion.
- It’s of Optional Egg topping.
- You need of Egg.
- You need of Butter.
- You need of Vinegar.
- It’s of Spring oniom.
Once cooked, place on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil. Pour curry sauce over chicken, serve with white rice and enjoy! Transfer to a tray and keep warm in a low oven while you cook the remaining fillets. Blend the sauce to smooth using a stick blender or food processor.
Chicken Curry Tonkatsu instructions
- Pound chicken breasts flat. Season with salt and pepper. Coat with cornstarch, egg, and bread crumbs. Set aside. Tip: since the sauce yields up to 10 servings, I usually prepare a lot of the chicken this way and freeze them til the next time we eat this meal..
- Cut veggies in large chunks, set aside. Mince onion..
- In a large pan, saute onions in very little oil until fragrant. Add ground beef, pepper, and 2 tbsp fish sauce. Stir until beef is nice and cooked..
- Add 6 cups of water to the hot pot and allow to boil. Add carrots and potatoes and allow to simmer until veggies are soft..
- Turn off heat and add curry cubes. Mix well to disolve..
- Turn on heat, add bell peppers and cook until desired crunch is achieved..
- Deep fry your chicken cutlets..
- Butter up a hot pan. Whisk some eggs with a bit of vinegar and cook slowly in a non stick egg pan..
- Plate some rice. Add sauce and put chicken cutlet ontop beside runny scrambled eggs. Garnish with spring onion..
Add the garlic and ginger and fry for another minute and then sprinkle in the flour, curry powder and turmeric. Stir well to combine and break down any flour lumps that form with your spoon. Now slowly add the chicken stock and the coconut milk, stir constantly as you do. Pour in the soy sauce and add the honey. Chicken Katsu Curry Chicken Katsu Curry from Gizzi Erskine's Kitchen Magic.