Spanish Rice. Bring Some New Orleans Flavor To Your Cooking With Zatarain's®. Spanish rice is the perfect accompaniment to Mexican foods, chicken, or just about anything. This simple recipe uses chicken broth and chunky salsa to transform plain white rice into a marvelous side dish.
Then simmer with tomatoes and tomato juice and you've got a savory Spanish-style rice. This Spanish rice recipe is made aromatic with chorizo, vegetables and herbs, and clams give it a seaside scent. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. You can cook Spanish Rice using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spanish Rice
- You need 2 cup of long grain rice.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato paste.
- Prepare 4 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 small of onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 3 clove of minced garlic.
- It’s 3 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of pepper.
- You need 1 can of rotel tomatoes with chiles.
- It’s 1 packages of chicken base.
Add rice; cook and stir until lightly browned. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. This classic Mexican-style Spanish Rice (also called arroz rojo) has all the crucial elements: tomato (in the form of tomato sauce), onion, garlic, and of course, rice. One cook's "Spanish" rice is another's "Mexican." Whatever the name, the result is more or less the same: an orange pilaf-style rice flavored with onion and garlic and flecked with carrot.
Spanish Rice instructions
- preheat oil in large skillet.
- add rice and cook about 3 or 4 minutes.
- add chopped onion and garlic. cook until rice is golden..
- add tomato paste, cumin and chicken base and mix well using a little broth if needed.
- add chicken broth, rotell tomatoes and cilantro and bring to a boil.
- cover and reduce heat to low and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender..
- remove from heat. salt and pepper to taste. stir and serve.
Tomato paste further tints this colorful companion to all things Tex-Mex. Spanish Rice also known as Mexican Rice is an easy side dish that goes perfectly with tacos, burritos and enchiladas. For me I can't have tacos without beans and rice. This Authentic Spanish Rice recipe is super flavorful thanks to the chicken broth, spices, onions and garlic. Spanish rice is essentially a rice pilaf, but with southwestern flavorings.