Braised Beef Ribs. Use a knife to make a deep hole in each short rib, then rub the spice mix all over and into the hole, working the flavour into the meat. Place on a tray, cover and chill overnight. Heat the oil in a large roasting tray over a medium to high heat.
In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the oil and brown the ribs well on all sides. Heat the oil in a large roasting dish over a medium to high heat. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then add the beef ribs and fry, turning regularly, until browned on all sides. You can cook Braised Beef Ribs using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Braised Beef Ribs
- Prepare 1 rack of beef ribs.
- Prepare 1 (16 oz) of can of tomatoes.
- You need 1 can of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of Kirkland brand sweet mesquite seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of Italian spice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dry mustard.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayanne pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coconut sugar.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need Pinch of pepper.
- You need 5 of carrots chopped.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery chopped.
- It’s 1 of large onion chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Remove them from the pan and set to one side. Reduce the heat then add the carrots, onion and garlic to the. Braise ribs in oven: Return the ribs to the pan, add the veal stock and enough water to cover the ribs. Bring to a boil, cover with foil, and place in the oven.
Braised Beef Ribs instructions
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees..
- Toss carrots, celery and onion in the bottom of a roasting pan..
- Brush olive oil on both sides of the beef ribs and place them on top of the vegetables in the roasting pan..
- Lightly season beef ribs on both sides with salt and pepper..
- Using a blender, blend the can of tomatoes, tomato paste, rest of the spices and garlic..
- Pour mixture over top of the meat..
- Place cover over top of the roasting pan and roast in the oven for 5-6 hours..
- Remove the ribs from oven and let sit for 5 minutes..
- Serve over mashed potatoes or rice..
Short ribs can be braised whether they are boneless or bone-in. Season and sear the meat over a high heat. Next, immerse the short ribs either partially or fully in a flavorful liquid in an oven safe pan. Cover and cook for a long period of time (usually about two and a half hours), until the meat is tender. Balsamic-tamarind glaze, sunchokes puree, chantarelles mushrooms.