Cauliflower Rice / Couscous with Chicken. Great recipe for Cauliflower Rice / Couscous with Chicken. I used a grater though, food processor is busted 😅 I added leftover fried chicken which is already seasoned and tasty on its own, so I didn't add anymore seasoning to the couscous except for salt, pepper and butter. Cauliflower Rice / Couscous with Chicken.
Increase the heat a little and bring to a simmer. Cook until the stock has reduced right down and the chicken is nicely glazed. For the couscous, break the cauliflower into florets and blitz in a food processor until it resembles couscous. You can have Cauliflower Rice / Couscous with Chicken using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Rice / Couscous with Chicken
- It’s of big cauliflower head, washed and grated.
- You need of medium onion, chopped.
- You need of chopped garlic.
- Prepare of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of butter.
- You need of chicken- cooked or leftover, chopped.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Green or red chillies, chopped (optional).
To the bowl with the cauliflower couscous add in the chopped mint, shallots, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and turmeric and stir it all together. Pour in the broth, cauliflower rice, and half of the cilantro. Serve warm, sprinkled with remaining cilantro. Slice the chicken, then arrange on top of the cauliflower couscous with the tomato salsa and a handful of herb leaves (and rocket if you like).
Cauliflower Rice / Couscous with Chicken instructions
- Prepping the cauliflower: You can use a box grater or a regular one, as long as it turns out like couscous. When cutting it apart, drop/wash the pieces in salted water to flush out the insects/worms. Dry off as much water before grating. TIP: after grating, use a paper towel to absorb as much water as you can. If not, the texture will be mushy..
- Heat oil in a pan and saute garlic and onions in low heat until the onions are transparent.
- Add the grated cauliflower and mix in with your spatula..
- Add the butter. I prefer Anchor butter, its delicious! Mix in well..
- Drop in your coarsely chopped cooked or leftover chicken. Then chillies, if you like it spicy. Mix well..
- Taste and season with salt and pepper or more butter. The cauliflower cooks easily, about 7-10 minutes to let the flavors infuse..
Serve straightaway or cool completely and pack in a plastic container to have for lunch the next day. Place the chicken in a small roasting tin. Mix together the lemon zest and juice, honey and garlic, and pour over the chicken. Marinated chicken with cauliflower couscous is low in fat and carbohydrates but high in flavour. Both the marinade for the chicken and the cauliflower couscous are flavoured with lime and coriander which brings a refreshing zingy flavour to the dish.