Crumbly Fried Rice with Shio-Koji. Heat olive oil in a frying pan and cook the carrot, green pepper, and meat. Completely wipe off the excess moisture and the grease that is released from the chicken skin with a paper towel. Break two eggs and lightly sprinkle with pepper.
Rich in protease and amylase enzymes that can break down. Shio koji is a mixture of fermented sea salt and short-grain white rice. When Aspergillus oryzae is combined with salt and steamed rice, then left in a warm environment to age, the rice grains break down into enzymes, glutamates, and sugars, imparting a mild salty taste with big umami (the so-called fifth human taste) flavors. You can have Crumbly Fried Rice with Shio-Koji using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crumbly Fried Rice with Shio-Koji
- Prepare of Chicken skin.
- Prepare of Shio Koji.
- You need of Beef.
- It’s of Shio Koji.
- Prepare of Carrot.
- It’s of Green pepper.
- You need of The white part of a Japanese leek.
- It’s of Mayonnaise.
- You need of Plain cooked rice.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of sheets Paper towels.
- You need of Egg.
- You need of Spicy Konnyaku.
- You need of Fukujin-zuke.
Toss together beef cubes and cornstarch in a bowl. This is a type of Marukome rice malt seasoning, also known as shio Koji. Unfortunately, unlike our previous entry, this particular shio Koji cannot be used as a way to preserve fish or steak. It is still a marinade, so when you use it, its enzymes will start building up as time goes on.
Crumbly Fried Rice with Shio-Koji step by step
- Chop the chicken skin and beef. Spread 1 tablespoon of shio-koji onto each and then place in the refrigerator for 2 hours to marinate..
- Mince the carrot and green pepper..
- Mince both stalks of leek and place into a separate dish..
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and cook the carrot, green pepper, and meat..
- Completely wipe off the excess moisture and the grease that is released from the chicken skin with a paper towel..
- Mix 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise into hot rice..
- Break two eggs and lightly sprinkle with pepper. Add to the frying pan to cook..
- Add the rice and leek, raise the heat to high, and cook until it starts to brown..
- It should look like this..
- Serve on plates..
- Serve with spicy hot konnyaku and Fukujin-zuke..
- If you have some tuna marinated in shio-koji, you can cut the dark meat into thin strips and add it to the fried rice with the shio-koji marinated chicken skins..
So plan ahead for your fried rice: Cook your rice the day before and fridge it. And if you haven't heard of Shio Koji, allow me to introduce this seasoning to you today. All thanks to Shio Koji, I get an umami-packed delicious chicken on the table with minimal effort. Using a paper towel, gently wipe away excess bits of shio koji from the fat cap side of the roast. The carbs and proteins in the rice turn into sugars and amino acids.