Rubbed Ribs. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Rib Rubs on eBay.
This doesn't mean that the meat is tough and dried out, there just isn't a barbecue sauce. This traditional Memphis barbecue rub recipe is the base of a great rack of pork ribs and one of my most popular rib rubs. You can adjust the heat by changing the amount of cayenne. You can cook Rubbed Ribs using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rubbed Ribs
- Prepare of ———the rub———-.
- It’s 1/4 cup of paprika.
- You need 1/4 cup of celery salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground sage.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of dehydrated onions.
- You need 1/3 cup of dark brown sugar.
- It’s of ———-the ribs———-.
- Prepare 4-1/2 pounds of pork spare ribs.
In a bowl, pour enough hot water over wood chips to make them float. Drain chips to add to barbecue. Place the racks of ribs on a foil-lined baking pan, curved (meaty) side down. Sprinkle half the dry rub evenly and liberally over the ribs, patting the the seasoning in.
Rubbed Ribs instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the silver skin/ membrane from the ribs. An easy way is get it at the edge and grab it with a paper towel, and peel it off..
- Put the dehydrated onions in a grinder and turn to powder..
- Mix all the rub ingredients together..
- Rub the ribs with the rub and roast in the oven for 1 hour..
- Let sit 10 minutes, slice and serve i hope you enjoy!.
Flip the ribs over so the curved (meaty) side is up and use the remaining dry rub to coat and pat into the surface. Check if you have a bruised or broken rib Broken or bruised ribs are usually caused by a fall, a blow to the chest or severe coughing. Pour over the cola and enough water to cover the ribs, then cover the tin tightly with foil. If you're wondering what to serve with rib dinners to round out the meal, know that there are so many delicious options. You can never go wrong with any of the summer classics, like baked beans, corn on the cob, pasta salad, or potato salad; they're some of the very best side dishes for ribs.