Mushroomy-Cheesy Pie. Great discounts and savings on top home brands. Find Your Favorite Movies & Shows On Demand. Turn the heat to low, stir in the rosemary and cream and season.
Heat a lug of oil in a large pan and fry the garlic, thyme leaves and butter over a medium heat until lightly golden. In a skillet, melt the butter with the oil and sauté the onion until just beginning to soften. Add the mushrooms and garlic and sauté, stirring, until golden. You can have Mushroomy-Cheesy Pie using 29 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mushroomy-Cheesy Pie
- It’s 2 packages of puff pastry.
- It’s 150 g of cold cut meat of your choice.
- You need 200 g of easy melting cheese.
- It’s 200 g of champion mushrooms.
- It’s 200 g of curd.
- It’s 150 g of green pesto.
- Prepare 3 of tbp bolognese tomato sauce.
- You need 50 g of butter for buttering the ovenproof dish.
- You need 1 of egg yolk for top of pie.
- It’s of For the caramelized onions.
- It’s 2 tbsp of powdered sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Oil for frying.
- It’s 3 of big onions.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of mustard with added horseradish.
- You need 1 tbsp of masala spice mix.
- You need of For tomato salad.
- It’s 6 pieces of red raddish.
- Prepare 2 of big tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of big onion.
- You need of Juice of one lemon.
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s of For cucumber salad.
- Prepare 1 of big cucumber.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of powdered sugar.
- It’s of Juice of half lemon.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
Here is how you cook it. Saute onion and garlic in oil in large saucepan until onion is translucent. Add mushrooms and spinach and continue cooking until mushrooms have released their juices and spinach has wilted. Continue cooking until liquid has evaporated.
Mushroomy-Cheesy Pie step by step
- I buttered the ovenproof dish: bottom and walls too.
- Then I carefully put the puff pastry into the dish, best idea is to put two layers to "strenghten" the "walls"..
- Next I made the caramelized onions: on little oil I fried the onions, adding salt and sugar, scraping often. I did this on a low flame so they dont burn. When onions are caramelized I took them out of the pan but left the oil in it for the mushrooms..
- I peeled the champion mushroom and cut them into slices. I put them on the oil left behind by the onion, added some more oil, added the masala spice mix and added the mustard which has horse radish in it. I stirred them often, and I let them get a nice brown colour. Then I added back the caramelized onions and kept stirring for a short time on high flame..
- I put the cold cut meat as first layer on the puff pastry.
- Then added grated cheese and anothe layer of meet, and a layer of bolognese tomato sauce mixed with some green pesto.
- Then came the mushrooms with onion and more cheese.
- Next I mixed the curd with the rest of the pesto, put it as next layer, then covered it with another layer of cold cut meat. I put some mustard- horse radish mix on top of the meat..
- Next I made the decoration top out of puff pastry, gave it an egg yolh wash and put it in the oven on 250 degrees celcius, till the top puff pastry got golden..
- I made a salad by cutting the radish, tomato and onion into same sized cubes and gave it a dressing by mixing lemon juice with salt and sugar.
- For the cucumber salad I mixed the shredded cucumber with the smashed garlic cloves and gave it a dressing made of lemon juice with salt and sugar.
Add the mushroom mixture and smooth the surface. Remove from the oven and serve warm with your chosen side dish. Add the onion and fry until soft. This is a good side dish but can also be used as an entree with salad and garlic bread. The original recipe called for swiss cheese, but my family likes cheddar better, so it is now Cheddar Cheese and Mushroom pie.