Teriyaki Chicken Breast. Enjoy your local restaurant favorites from the comfort of your own home. The food you want, when you want it. Get just the right utensils for the job.
Mix the grated ginger, sugar, soy sauce, sake and mirin in a pot and bring to a boil. Add the chicken breasts, return to a simmer, then lower the heat to the lowest possible setting (warm if you can), on your smallest burner, and cover. The idea is to cook the chicken as gently as possible, below a simmer. You can have Teriyaki Chicken Breast using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Teriyaki Chicken Breast
- Prepare of Chicken.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts.
- You need of marinade.
- You need 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 pinch of black pepper.
In a small resealable bag or shallow glass container, combine the first six ingredients. Add chicken; seal bag or cover container. Remove chicken from marinade and set marinade aside. In a large skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil.
Teriyaki Chicken Breast step by step
- Mix marinade ingredients together well and pour into Ziploc bag with chicken breasts. Marinate in refrigerator for at least an hour. I recommend overnight to enhance flavor..
- Take chicken out of refrigerator at least a half hour before cooking. Discard marinade immediately. Preheat grill and keep it on medium to medium high..
- Grill chicken for about 4 to 7 minutes on each side (depending on thickness).
- (Optional) Make more of the marinade mix and brush onto the chicken while grilling..
In a small bowl, make the sauce: whisk together the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and cornstarch. Pour the sauce into the skillet and stir to combine. Place the chicken breast in a shallow dish and cover with the teriyaki sauce. Remove the chicken and arrange on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment. Here's a quick and easy version of teriyaki that spruces up bottled teriyaki sauce with a little lemon juice, garlic, and sesame oil. "Chicken breasts are marinated in teriyaki sauce, then grilled to a tasty finish," says prissycat. "Very easy and great for a hot summer's evening.