Teriyaki Chicken Breast. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Mix the grated ginger, sugar, soy sauce, sake and mirin in a pot and bring to a boil. Add the chicken breasts, return to a simmer, then lower the heat to the lowest possible setting (warm if you can), on your smallest burner, and cover.
Remove chicken from marinade and set marinade aside. In a large skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil. In a small bowl, make the sauce: whisk together the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and cornstarch. You can have Teriyaki Chicken Breast using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Teriyaki Chicken Breast
- Prepare of Chicken.
- It’s of chicken breasts.
- You need of marinade.
- Prepare of soy sauce.
- You need of brown sugar.
- It’s of honey.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of black pepper.
Pour the sauce into the skillet and stir to combine. Pat chicken dry with paper towels; arrange in a baking dish. Pour sauce over chicken breasts, coating all sides. Place the chicken breast in a shallow dish and cover with the teriyaki sauce.
Teriyaki Chicken Breast instructions
- Mix marinade ingredients together well and pour into Ziploc bag with chicken breasts. Marinate in refrigerator for at least an hour. I recommend overnight to enhance flavor..
- Take chicken out of refrigerator at least a half hour before cooking. Discard marinade immediately. Preheat grill and keep it on medium to medium high..
- Grill chicken for about 4 to 7 minutes on each side (depending on thickness).
- (Optional) Make more of the marinade mix and brush onto the chicken while grilling..
Remove the chicken and arrange on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment. Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Pat the chicken breast pieces dry with paper towels. Add the sesame oil to the pan followed by the chicken. Brown the chicken well on all sides then remove from the pan and set aside.