Carolina-Style BBQ Sauce. Investment in Amazon Could Create You A Second Salary Every Month. Carolina-style barbecue sauce is vinegar and mustard based, quite the opposite of the thicker and sweeter molasses-based sauces used in the South and Midwest. Use this sauce both on the traditional Carolina pulled pork and on grilled chicken.
I have tried a wide variety of mustard sauces — we have a lot of different styles in the state — and, of course, we make our own. To make Carolina-style barbeque sauce, combine apple cider vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a small sauce pan. Bring the sauce mixture to rapid simmer over medium heat. You can have Carolina-Style BBQ Sauce using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carolina-Style BBQ Sauce
- It’s 3 Tbs. of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of jalapeno peppers, finely chopped.
- It’s 2-3 cloves of garlic, smashed.
- It’s 1.5 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 bottle (32 oz.) of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 cup of BBQ sauce, store brand.
- Prepare 6 Tbs. of dark mustard.
- It’s 2 Tbs. of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- It’s 1 can (8 oz.) of pineapple bits.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of molasses.
- It’s Dash of paprika & thyme.
- Prepare Dash of salt & pepper.
- It’s Dash of red pepper flakes.
Immediately reduce the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. North Carolina-Style BBQ Sauce Blending two vinegars helps re-create the BBQ sauce we love from my mother's North Carolina roots. — Gloria McKinley, Lakeland, Florida North Carolina-Style BBQ Sauce Recipe photo by Taste of Home West North Carolina-Style tomato and vinegar-based barbecue sauce is a Southern cooking staple that is very easy to make with simple pantry ingredients. This multi-purpose sauce is thick and savory, with a slight tanginess to it. South Carolina's BBQ sauce is a perfect balance of tanginess and sweetness, with a zing of acidity that pairs well with the natural flavors of low and slow cooked meats.
Carolina-Style BBQ Sauce step by step
- Add oil to a heated 3 quart pot over medium heat. Add the onions and peppers and sauté them for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and mix..
- Add all the liquid ingredients (but not the fruit & molasses) to the pot and simmer for 30 minutes over medium-low heat..
- Add the fruit pieces and very lightly blend the sauce using an immersion blender (or a blender in batches). Add the molasses and simmer this for 45 minutes on low-medium heat..
- While simmering, season with spices to taste as the sauce slowly thickens. Place in a large container when done. Refrigerate to further the thickening process before using..
Which, if you ask me, is the best way to cook meat. How to make Carolina BBQ Sauce Place everything in a large saucepan over medium high heat, bring to a boil. Allow to cool slightly Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce is vinegar and mustard based. It's roots come from South Carolina and has trickled into the homes of some North Carolinians. Unlike North Carolina bbq sauce, which is vinegar based with ketchup, brown sugar or molasses; the Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce is based with mustard, vinegar sugar and/or honey, and spices.