Carolina BBQ Mop Sauce. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Investment in Amazon Could Create You A Second Salary Every Month. This tangy vinegar BBQ mop sauce does something magical when added to pork.
Stir in the ketchup and brown sugar. Carolina Mopping Sauce is a vinegar-based BBQ sauce that many pit masters use to baste the meat while it's slow roasting on the barbecue. It's a very regional sauce and it's quite common to find it here, along with traditional tomato-based sauces, on the table of the local barbecue joints. You can cook Carolina BBQ Mop Sauce using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carolina BBQ Mop Sauce
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cup of Vinegar (White or Brown).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Sugar (White or Brown).
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Sea Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Crushed Pepper (Red, Chipotle, etc.).
- You need 2 tsp of Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Hot Sauce.
- You need of Optional: 1 Stick of Butter.
The longer you wait the better it'll get. Shake it occasionally, like whenever you open your refrigerator door. Optional: for thicker mop, for basting, heat sauce and stir in softened butter. Carolina-Style Vinegar BBQ Mop Sauce Brought to you by the venerable Jess Pryles, this sauce is rooted in the Eastern Carolina tradition of serving pulled pork with a heavy vinegar based sauce.
Carolina BBQ Mop Sauce instructions
- Mix all in ingredients in a small jar, shake well and refrigerate for at least 24 hours, shaking periodically throughout. The longer you wait the better it'll get. Shake it occasionally, like whenever you open your refrigerator door..
- Optional: for thicker mop, for basting, heat sauce and stir in softened butter. But, only do this immediately before serving, discard any unused sauce afterwards. Also, use a separate cup for your basting and serving or you'll cross-contaminate your food.
Carolina Mopping Sauce The East Carolina mop sauce, to be exact, is basically a combination of hot sauce and vinegar. This spicy sauce with a vinegary twang is all you need on a properly smoked shoulder or whole hog. You can mop it on the meat while it cooks to cool and flavor it. Carolina Mop Sauce This BBQ mop sauce will keep your pork ribs tender and flavorful, even after hours on your charcoal smoker. Made with apple cider vinegar, hot sauce, and red pepper flakes, this sauce is the key to locking in sweet and spicy flavors.