Egg Drop Soup. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. HERE'S WHAT I DO FOR MY RESTAURANT STYLE EGG DROP SOUP. Let steep a few minutes to flavor broth.
In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil over medium heat. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into broth. Combine water and cornstarch; stir into boiling broth. You can cook Egg Drop Soup using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Egg Drop Soup
- You need 1 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 2 of eggs whisked.
- You need 1 tsp of corn starch in 1/4 water.
- You need 1 Tbsp of ginger finely chopped.
- It’s 1 stalk of spring onions for garnish.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Stir a small amount of hot broth into slightly beaten egg. Add egg mixture into hot broth slowly, stirring all the time. Cook until clear and slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Egg drop soup, or egg flower soup, is a really basic boiled chicken broth soup, and in its simplest form, the only ingredients needed are the broth itself, eggs, and spring onions.
Egg Drop Soup step by step
- Heat chicken stock in a pot until scalding. Add ginger and boil for 2 minutes. Add corn starch solution and simmer. In the mean time whisked the egg in a bowl..
- Stir the stock gently, carefully and continuously while slowly pouring the egg into the stock. Add salt and garnish with spring onions..
Other ingredients are added to taste—like tofu, corn, or bean sprouts—and each cook has a take on the classic. In a large pot over medium heat, bring broth and ginger to boil. Whisk soy sauce and cornstarch together then whisk into broth. Whisk wine-cornstarch mixture into soup until combined. With the soup on a low simmer, stir once with a spoon to make a slight current.