Crockpot Baby back Ribs. We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Start with a rack of baby backs. Peel the membrane, cut in half, and apply a dry rub.
Combine garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in another small bowl. Rub the garlic mixture all over the ribs. Place the ribs in the slow cooker. You can have Crockpot Baby back Ribs using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Baby back Ribs
- It’s 4 lb of pork baby back ribs, on rack.
- You need 1/3 cup of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ground coriander seed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of black or mixed peppercorns, freshly ground.
- You need 3/4 tsp of ground oregano.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of regular white sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Bottle of favorite barbecue sauce, or South Carolina style sauce.
Pour the water and liquid smoke in around the ribs. (note- you can add the liquid smoke into the rub instead of adding it in the water if desired). Pour over the barbecue sauce on top of the ribs. You'll want two racks of baby back pork ribs for this recipe, about four pounds of ribs total. The ribs cook on low for a total of six to eight hours; you'll want to be close during the final hour of cooking to add the sauce and monitor doneness.
Crockpot Baby back Ribs step by step
- Mix all dry seasonings in a bowl. You may have to pound the brown sugar to be sure it's not clumped and incorporates into the seasoning..
- Rub seasoning all over ribs, ensuring every surface is covered. Be sure to coat the underside as well..
- Place rack of ribs on edge in crockpot, meat-side out. I curved the ribs into a circle, the ends touching. You want the ribs to stand upright..
- Liquid is not necessary as the slow heat steams the ribs and as it cooks moisture is given off and collects on the bottom..
- Cook on low all day (minimal 7 hours) or high for 5 hours. Low and slow is the game here. Once you turn on the heat be sure not to open the lid. Just let it cook all day..
Make sure you have some heavy-duty aluminum foil on hand for broiling the ribs after slow cooking. Instructions Rub rib rub all over the ribs. Place onion, minced garlic, broth and ribs in a slow cooker. Pour water into bottom of slow cooker. If you prefer a bit more bite to your ribs plan on the shorter cook time.