Eric's Chicken and Waffles with Maple Bourbon Syrup. Eggo® To The Rescue – Learn How Eggo® Waffles Can Help You L'Eggo & Find Your Morning Win. Eggo® Recipes Are Your Secret Weapon To Win Back Mornings – Visit The Official Eggo® Site. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Mix the bourbon and maple syrup in a small saucepan and set to med high heat to cook off the alcohol.
Serve the waffles with softened butter, bourbon maple syrup and fried chicken. For the Bourbon Maple Syrup: In a small pot, pour in all ingredients and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, while stirring to dissolve the brown sugar. Make the spicy bourbon maple syrup In a small saucepan over high heat, bring the maple syrup, bourbon, and butter just to a boil. You can cook Eric's Chicken and Waffles with Maple Bourbon Syrup using 35 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eric's Chicken and Waffles with Maple Bourbon Syrup
- Prepare 6 of chicken thighs.
- You need 1.5 quarts of buttermilk.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Sriracha.
- Prepare of For the Oil.
- Prepare of Peanut oil.
- You need A few of sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Prepare of Some fresh sage.
- It’s of Some fresh thyme.
- Prepare 1 of small head of garlic.
- Prepare of For the Dredge.
- You need 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 Tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 Tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 4 tsp of light brown sugar.
- Prepare of For the Maple Bourbon Syrup.
- You need 2 oz of bourbon.
- It’s 8 oz of maple syrup.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare of For the Waffles.
- It’s 2 cups of whole milk.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 2 of eggs, whites and yolks separated.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Stir in the cayenne pepper, remove from the heat, and cover to keep warm while you fry the chicken. Reserve cooked waffles on a plate at room temperature. Dip each chicken piece in buttermilk, then shake off any excess liquid. Immediately dredge in flour mixture and transfer to a plate.
Eric's Chicken and Waffles with Maple Bourbon Syrup instructions
- Mix 1 quart of buttermilk and sriracha in a large bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat the pieces. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours. I prefer to do it the evening prior and just leave them in overnight..
- Mix everything for the dredge together in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper, and divide into 2 separate containers. You'll be doing a dry wet dry dredge prior to frying. Place the other half quart of buttermilk into a container as well..
- Take the chicken out of the fridge and remove the pieces from the buttermilk mixture, placing them in a colander to drain off the excess liquid..
- Taking each piece of chicken, dredge them in one container of flour, pat off the excess, then dip them into the new buttermilk, drip off the excess, then dredge in the second flour container. Pat off the excess again and set aside..
- The size of the pot you use to fry will determine how much oil you use. I use a large spaghetti pot and put a few inches of oil into it, careful stay below filling it halfway. Toss in the oil additives and turn the heat on med high, getting the temperature to 350-360 degrees. The herbs and garlic will add flavor to the oil as it heats up..
- Add the chicken pieces a few at a time. Do not overcrowd the pot as the temperature will drop. Cook thoroughly for about 20 minutes, rotating the pieces every few minutes until the chicken is golden brown. Move the finished chicken to a rack to drip and rest for 10 minutes.
- FOR THE SYRUP: Mix the bourbon and maple syrup in a small saucepan and set to med high heat to cook off the alcohol. This should take about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter until everything is combined. Set aside until warm or cool..
- FOR THE WAFFLES: Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon in a bowl..
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff..
- Mix the yolks, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract in another bowl and then combine that with the flour mixture..
- Fold the egg whites into the yolk and flour mixture. Once combined, cook them in the waffle iron of your choice..
Serve the waffles with softened butter, pour bourbon maple syrup over your chicken and waffles and enjoy. DIRECTIONS: Combine maple syrup and bourbon in a small pot. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Add in butter and cayenne pepper and whisk to combine. Once golden brown and cooked through, remove to a paper towel to drain.