Rich Chocolate Cake. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Your favourite Cakes restaurants available on Deliveroo.
Rich Chocolate Cake is a community recipe submitted by Supergirl and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. Break the chocolate into pieces and place into a heatproof bowl with the butter. In a large saucepan, combine chips, butter, cream and sugar; cook over low heat until chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally. You can have Rich Chocolate Cake using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rich Chocolate Cake
- It’s 2 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 6 oz of Self-Raising Flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Treacle.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 5 oz of Sugar.
- You need 6 oz of Vegetable Oil.
- You need 6 oz of Milk.
Divide the cake mixture between the prepared tins. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about twenty-five to thirty minutes until well risen and shrinking away from the sides of the tin. For the icing, measure the chocolate and cream together in a bowl. Stand the bowl in a pan of simmering water and stir until just melted.
Rich Chocolate Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 170C..
- Combine all ingredients and mix well for 5-10 minutes until you reach a thick consistency. Line the baking tin with butter and flour to avoid it from burning from the bottom. Pour the mixture into it..
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Supervise it after each 5 minutes..
- Tip: Cover the cake with Betty Crocker Frosting Mix when done baking for a better result..
Our really easy chocolate cake recipe is perfect for birthdays. For buttercream quantities, instead of ganache, use our cake calculator. For the chocolate cake: Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Put the cocoa powder and boiling water into a large bowl and mix well to make a paste. In a large bowl, cream together the butter or margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.