Egg drop soup. Try our no prep no mess Oven Ready meals with everything included – even the cooking tray! Find Deals on Egg Drop Soups in Groceries on Amazon. HERE'S WHAT I DO FOR MY RESTAURANT STYLE EGG DROP SOUP.
I loved the large amount of egg compared to the other egg drop soup recipes on this site. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil over medium heat. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into broth. You can cook Egg drop soup using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Egg drop soup
- It’s 6 cups of water.
- It’s 6 of bouillon cubes chicken.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare To taste of black pepper.
- It’s of Chopped mushrooms (optional).
- Prepare of Chopped green onions (optional).
Combine water and cornstarch; stir into boiling broth. Stir a small amount of hot broth into slightly beaten egg. Add egg mixture into hot broth slowly, stirring all the time. Cook until clear and slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
Egg drop soup instructions
- Add the bouillon chicken cubes while the water is boiling. Let it dissolve all the way..
- If you're using mushrooms go ahead and put those in while the water is boiling. About 2-3 minutes until reduced in size..
- In a small bowl whisk together the two eggs. Turn boiling mix off and stir the mixture with a fork. Pour the egg on the fork to make it ribbon while the water is spinning. **if you want bigger chunks, turn a spoon to the side and let the egg harden that way.
- Pour in the soy sauce creating a light brown color. Then sprinkle pepper and mix well..
- Pour the soup into a bowl and garnish with green onions..
In a large pot over medium heat, bring broth and ginger to boil. Whisk soy sauce and cornstarch together then whisk into broth. Egg drop soup, or egg flower soup, is a really basic boiled chicken broth soup, and in its simplest form, the only ingredients needed are the broth itself, eggs, and spring onions. Other ingredients are added to taste—like tofu, corn, or bean sprouts—and each cook has a take on the classic. Whisk wine-cornstarch mixture into soup until combined.