Baked Rice Flour and Okara Donuts with Brown Sugar & Kinako. Great recipe for Baked Rice Flour and Okara Donuts with Brown Sugar & Kinako. I wanted to make a new okara based confectionary. I made this recipe referencing Lenna's "Low Calorie Baked Donut using Tofu and Okara.
Beat butter with sugar, then the egg, soymilk, and okara. Add in the flour mixture and mix until combined, but don't overmix or beat. Fill a ziplock bag with the batter and snip off one corner. You can cook Baked Rice Flour and Okara Donuts with Brown Sugar & Kinako using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Rice Flour and Okara Donuts with Brown Sugar & Kinako
- Prepare of ・Fresh okara.
- It’s of ・Rice flour.
- It’s of ・Katakuriko.
- Prepare of ・Kinako.
- Prepare of ・Brown sugar.
- Prepare of ・Baking powder.
- It’s of Silken tofu.
- You need of – i used taihaku sesame oil Vegetable oil.
Would you like any fruit in the recipe? Make sure butter into room temperature. Dust your work surface and rolling pin with a bit of extra glutinous rice flour as well a light sprinkle on top of the dough and roll until about half an inch thick. Cut out the doughnuts with a cookie cutter and cut a small hole in the middle.
Baked Rice Flour and Okara Donuts with Brown Sugar & Kinako instructions
- Put all the・ ingredients in a plastic bag and shake well to mix..
- Add oil and tofu while mashing and massage well until it becomes smooth..
- Round the dough like when you make patties. Line them on parchment paper and make a hole with a finger. ※ It will be easier to do this process with wet hands..
- ※ How to make a hole. ① Stick your index finger in the middle and stretch the hole bigger little by little. ② Make a circle with your index and middle finger and poke through the hole. Spin the dough with your fingers to widen the hole..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375F/190C for about 20 minutes..
- Coat with whatever you like once the donuts are cool. The pictured donut is dusted with kinako (toasted soy bean flour)..
Matcha Okara Cake ☆ Made with Brown Sugar Syrup and Black Sesame In a medium bowl, combine the sweet rice flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, whisk the coconut oil, egg, coconut milk, and vanilla extract together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until batter is smooth. The simple combination of Japanese Non-Gluten Rice Flour and tapioca flour makes the doughnuts light and flavorful and decorating them with a simple cream cheese glaze and freeze-dried strawberries takes the yumminess to another level. You may also enjoy them straight from the oven or simply drizzle the cooled doughnuts with melted chocolate.