Honey Bourbon Chicken. Put the chicken into a large ziploc bag. I like to use a bag as you can move stuff around better than with a bowl. Add the orange juice and honey to a saucepan and heat slowly to warm while stirring.
Leave on medium heat which preparing chicken. Add chicken pieces to the bag, making sure to coat, and put in refrigerator several hours or overnight. Baste with sauce a couple times while chicken is cooking. You can have Honey Bourbon Chicken using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Honey Bourbon Chicken
- You need 4-1/2 pounds of chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of honey.
- It’s 1 cup of bourbon.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of coconut aminos.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of white ground pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of roasted sesame seed oil.
- You need 2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2/3 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare As needed of parsley for garnish.
Serve with your favorite side dishes. In a medium bowl, add the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, oil, garlic, onion and red pepper flakes. Pour over the chicken in the slow cooker. Instant Pot Honey Bourbon Chicken – Traditional – Dump and Go Dinner Try this Instant Pot version of our simple Honey Bourbon Chicken for a quick and easy family dinner.
Honey Bourbon Chicken step by step
- Heat a skillet with oil and add the chicken. Sear for 7 minutes turn and season with salt, garlic, and pepper. Cover and simmer turning every 7 minutes..
- Add the butter, coconut aminos, honey, butter, and bourbon. Simmer 10 minutes..
- Now the fat is rendered. Add the bourbon mixture. Simmer 10 minutes turning every 3 minutes. Remove the chicken from skillet..
- Let the bourbon reduce. Return the chicken bake into the bourbon mixture turning and coating each piece..
- Add parsley and serve. I hope you enjoy!!.
These seductively saucy morsels of juicy chicken are perfectly complimented by a simple side of rice or broccoli and sure to become a fast favorite. Spoon the mixture over the chicken, then tuck the squeezed-out half of lemon between the pieces (this will moisten and add flavour to the chicken). Honey, soy sauce, ketchup, bourbon (if desired) and red pepper flakes. In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, ketchup, bourbon, oil, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, and green onions. Add the chicken and stir to coat with the sauce. (Freezing instructions begin here.) Place the chicken and sauce in the slow cooker.