Kakiage (Prawn and Vegetable Fritter) Rice Burgers. Steps Put rice in a bowl, add katakuriko and soy sauce, and mix with a spatula. With this mixture, mold the patties into the. Heat enough oil for deep frying and sesame oil in a wok over medium high heat.
Ladle a scoop of ingredients into a wire sieve and drain off excess batter. Kakiage tempura, also called mixed tempura or tempura fritters, is a style of tempura that involves mixing multiple chopped-up ingredients with batter and deep-frying until golden brown and crispy. Unlike traditional tempura, which is made by dipping sliced ingredients in the batter and then frying them one by one, kakiage is a mix of vegetables fried in a fritter. You can cook Kakiage (Prawn and Vegetable Fritter) Rice Burgers using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kakiage (Prawn and Vegetable Fritter) Rice Burgers
- It’s of rice bowls worth Plain cooked rice.
- You need of Katakuriko.
- Prepare of Soy sauce.
- You need of Sesame oil.
- You need of For the kakiage:.
- It’s of Shelled prawns.
- Prepare of as much as you prefer String beans.
- You need of Onion.
- Prepare of Rice flour (Ready-mix tempura flour).
- Prepare of Egg.
- Prepare of Water.
- Prepare of Oil for deep frying.
- You need of For the sauce:.
- It’s of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of Mirin.
- It’s of Sugar.
- It’s of Sake.
- Prepare of Red chili pepper.
Kakiage is a kind of Tempura dish with a variety of chopped vegetables and seafood. This deep-fried round food has a much more casual feeling than Tempura you may know, but it is as delicious as Tempura. Tempura is one of the most famous Japanese foods outside Japan. It is battered and deep fried seafood and vegetables.
Kakiage (Prawn and Vegetable Fritter) Rice Burgers instructions
- Put rice in a bowl, add katakuriko and soy sauce, and mix with a spatula. With this mixture, mold the patties into the desired size. The photo shows 1 cm thick patties with 7 cm diameter..
- Heat the sesame oil in frying pan and fry the firmly molded patties from Step 1, until evenly cooked..
- Slice the kaki-age ingredients into 1 cm pieces. Whisk together rice flour, egg, and water batter and dredge the ingredients..
- Next, deep fry the kaki-age fritters in 180℃ oil..
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small pot and simmer, taking care not to burn it..
- Coat the kaki-age fritters in sauce and sandwich between rice buns, and serve..
Prepare rice & prawns per notes on ingredient list & set aside. Sift flour into med bowl, add rice & toss to mix slightly. Add egg, milk, shallots + prawns & stir to combine. Heat oil in a lrg frying pan, drop by heaped tablespoons into oil & use a use a soup spoon (or an equivalent) dipped in the oil to flatten the fritters. Add the egg and cold water to a large bowl and mix well to make egg water.