Bourbon Chicken. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Check Out Bourbon Chicken on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! In a small bowl combine the ginger, soy sauce, onion flakes, sugar, bourbon and garlic powder.
DIRECTIONS Editor's Note: Named Bourbon Chicken because it was supposedly created by a Chinese cook who worked in a restaurant on Bourbon Street. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned. You can cook Bourbon Chicken using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bourbon Chicken
- Prepare 4 large of chicken thighs.
- It’s 3/4 cup of bourbon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lite soya sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of Chinese black vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of Shaoxing rice wine.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1/3 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
Bourbon chicken is a dish named after Bourbon Street in New Orleans, Louisiana and for the bourbon whiskey ingredient. The dish is commonly found at Cajun-themed and Chinese restaurants. The recipe includes soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and bourbon whiskey in the base, and the chicken is marinated in this sauce. Bring the sauce to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
Bourbon Chicken instructions
- Take four thighs remove skin and bone.
- Chop the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Heat oil in wok add chicken fry till caramelized.
- Add sugar, ginger, soya sauce, wine, and garlic into a bowl mix well add to chicken in wok.
- Carefully add bourbon it could flame up cook boiling stirring constantly 7 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water add to boiling mixture stirring constantly till thickens serve quickly hope you enjoy.
Add in chicken and saute until fully cooked and golden brown on the outside. Most recipes, including this one, for bourbon chicken, do contain alcohol. Chicken – you can use either chicken breasts or chicken thighs both work just as well just make sure they are skinless and boneless. Cornstarch – this is a key ingredient for creating a light and crispy batter on the chicken and for thickening the sauce! Bourbon – If you're a bourbon aficionado, save the good stuff for sipping and reach for a less-expensive brand for marinating the.