Bourbon Chicken. In a small bowl combine the ginger, soy sauce, onion flakes, sugar, bourbon and garlic powder. Mix together and pour mixture over chicken. Cover dish and place in refrigerator.
Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned. Bourbon chicken is a dish named after Bourbon Street in New Orleans, Louisiana and for the bourbon whiskey ingredient. The dish is commonly found at Cajun-themed and Chinese restaurants. You can have Bourbon Chicken using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bourbon Chicken
- You need 3 each of boneless chicken breasts cubed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Bourbon whiskey.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of dark brown sugar, packed.
- You need 3 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh grated ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
The recipe includes soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and bourbon whiskey in the base, and the chicken is marinated in this sauce. Bring the sauce to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add in chicken and saute until fully cooked and golden brown on the outside. Most recipes, including this one, for bourbon chicken, do contain alcohol.
Bourbon Chicken step by step
- In a saucepan, mix all ingredients except chicken and S&P..
- Heat until sugar dissolves. Cool completely..
- Place chicken and sauce in a plastic bag and marinate for 1 hour..
- Place all ingredients in a frying pan and saute until it makes a thick sauce. You will need to cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. It will turn dark brown and as it sits, will turn into a thick glaze..
- Serve over white rice..
Chicken – you can use either chicken breasts or chicken thighs both work just as well just make sure they are skinless and boneless. Cornstarch – this is a key ingredient for creating a light and crispy batter on the chicken and for thickening the sauce! Bourbon – If you're a bourbon aficionado, save the good stuff for sipping and reach for a less-expensive brand for marinating the. The corn starch makes the chicken nicely crisp once fried. In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium to high heat.