Blueberry Bourbon Chicken. Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Drizzle olive oil over thawed boneless skinless chicken breasts & season generously with salt, pepper & dried thyme. Chicken will develop a nice brown crust.
The weekend after Thanksgiving, we had some friends and family to the house for a Post-Turkey Day feast. You may even remember me sharing my pulled pork recipe just over a week ago. This was the other meat that I served that wasn't turkey. You can have Blueberry Bourbon Chicken using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blueberry Bourbon Chicken
- Prepare 4 of boneless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 16 oz of blueberry POM juice.
- You need 6 oz of fresh blueberries.
- Prepare 1 cup of bourbon.
- You need 1 cup of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 3 tbsp of dried basil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of salt and white pepper.
Here is how you can achieve it. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. I just made another (Longer than I wanted) video making my world famous Blueberry Bourbon Barbecue chicken. Remade into a tasty, family pleasing casserole in this super easy and delicious recipe!
Blueberry Bourbon Chicken step by step
- Toss chicken with enough vegetable oil just to cover. Season with dried spices except brown sugar. Mark chicken breast on grill plate or simply toss straight into the oven on a sheet tray..
- In a sauce pot, reduce bourbon by 3/4. Remove from heat and allow to slightly cool. Add bbq sauce, POM juice, vanilla, sugar, vinegar, and fresh blueberries. Cook on medium-low heat for approximately 15-20 minutes to blend the flavors..
- Roast at 350° for approximately 35-40 minutes. When chicken reaches the last 5 minutes of cooking time, baste with the sauce..
- Chicken is finished when the thermometer reaches 165° or the juices run clear..
Add bourbon and turn up the heat bringing the mix to a boil. Stir in blueberries, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, molasses and allspice. Instructions Add blueberries, bourbon, water and brown sugar to a saucepan. Turn to medium-high heat and let heat until boiling. Add the ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, chipotle, blueberries, water and a pinch of salt & pepper.