Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce. Stir in the milk and Parmesan cheese, mixing until smooth. Add in the garlic, basil, and white pepper. In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt the butter, cream cheese, and garlic together, stirring very frequently.
In a large dutch oven on medium heat, whisk together the butter, cream cheese, garlic, salt and pepper until smooth and creamy (the cream cheese needs to be softened or this will take a long time). Slowly whisk in the milk until smooth. In a large skillet, melt the butter and fry the garlic in it until browned. You can have Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 of large clove minced garlic, or 2 tsp jarred minced garlic.
- You need 8 oz of cream cheese – softened and cubed.
- Prepare 2 cup of low fat milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese (I used a parmesan romano blend).
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried parsley flakes (or 1 tbs fresh chopped).
- Prepare 1 pinch of ground nutmeg or cayenne pepper.
- You need of salt and black pepper.
Add in the cream cheese and melt. The cream cheese will be lumpy, but whisk in the milk slowly and cook until smooth. Add the cubed cream cheese to the pan. Stir until it starts to melt.
Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce step by step
- Heat a medium sauce pan over medium low heat. Add olive oil and butter. When butter is melted and garlic. Cook until garlic is just fragrant, stirring constantly so not to burn. Only about 1 minute. Add flour to make a roux, increase heat to medium and cook an additional 2 minutes, whisking constantly..
- Whisk in milk and bring to a slow simmer, whisking frequently to keep it from clumping or curdling. Reduce heat to medium low. Add cream cheese, whisk into milk until it is fully melted and incorporated into a nice smooth sauce (no cream cheese lumps remaining)..
- Whisk in grated parmesan until fully melted and texture of sauce looks smooth once more. Stir in dried parsley, nutmeg and salt & pepper to taste. Simmer gently an additional 5 minutes on medium low for flavors to blend, stirring frequently..
- Turn off heat. Add to favorite pasta, veggie and/or meat, toss to coat and enjoy! NOTE: If using fresh parsley, stir in at the very end after heat is turned off..
- Serving suggestion: boil bowtie (farfalle) pasta for 2 min less than listed on package. Drain, add to sauce, reduce heat to low, cover and let sit 5 minutes for pasta to absorb some of the sauce and finish cooking. It went great with my cornflakes chicken recipe! Yum! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/354370-cornflake-parmesan-chicken-tenders.
Add a little milk at a time and keep whisking. Continue adding milk and whisk until cream cheese is all melted and all of the milk has been incorporated. Melt butter in a saucepan (or skilet pan with high sides) over medium-high heat. Once melted, add in the chunked cream cheese and garlic powder. Stir with a whisk until mostly smooth and mixed together.