Prawn Biryani. Meanwhile, to make the prawn mixture, heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan and add the cardamom pods. Add the tamarind, cinnamon and coriander and cook. Stir well, mixing through half the coriander.
Stir together the prawns, ginger garlic paste, garam masala, black pepper, cloves, cardamom seeds, cinnamon sticks, salt, yogurt, and oil in a microwave safe bowl until well mixed. Prawn biryani recipe – Aromatic basmati rice dum cooked with prawns, herbs & spice powders. Biryani is a delicious dish made by cooking fragrant basmati rice with meat, yogurt, spices & herbs. You can cook Prawn Biryani using 33 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Prawn Biryani
- Prepare 1 kg of prawns (cleaned).
- You need 3 tbsp of oil.
- It’s of Whole garam masala for prawns.
- It’s 9 of cloves.
- Prepare 9 of black pepper.
- Prepare 3 of cardamom.
- Prepare 1 stick of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cuminseeds.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 3 of onions sliced.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of ginger garlic and chilli paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Biryani masala(check in my recipe list).
- You need 2 cups of mixed vegetables (your choice).
- It’s 3 cup of basmati rice soaked in water.
- You need 2 of potatoes died and fried.
- You need 2-3 of green slit chillies.
- Prepare 1 cup of coriander leaves and mint leaves chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 cup of fried onions.
- You need 3 of food colour red,green and yellow.
- It’s as required of Biryani rice.
- You need 4 of black pepper.
- It’s 3 of cardamom.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 3 of cloves.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 3 tbsp of salt.
Chicken biryani & mutton biryani are the much popular versions loved by biryani lovers. Prawn biryani is simply another variation made on the same lines just by replacing chicken & mutton with prawns or shrimps. Since the cook time for prawns is lesser the way I dum cook them in a biryani is different. Take off the heat and add the parsley and prawns.
Prawn Biryani instructions
- First chopped all the vegetables, remove whole garam masala for prawns in a plate.Now heat oil in a vessel and add in garam masala with sliced onions and saute for few minutes..
- Now add ginger,garlic and chilli paste, tomatoes,turmeric, red chilli powder,salt and coriander powder.saute few minutes.
- Now add prawns with garam masala powder and Biryani masala powder and mix well.now add the vegetables and mix well..
- Now lastly add coriander leaves, mint leaves,slit green chillies,lemon juice with fried potatoes and mix well.now prawns masala is ready.
- Now boil rice with above ingredients from Biryani rice in sufficient water. When rice is 80% done strain in colander.now take one big vessel. Now make each layer of rice with layer of prawn masala.now on last later put some drops of food colour. Cover the lid and simmer for 10 mins..
- Open the lid and mix up from sides.ganish with fried onions, serve hot and enjoy3.
Stir well, so the prawns are coated. The prawns don't need cooking in the sauce – they will steam and cook in the biryani (otherwise they run the risk of becoming dry and rubbery). Breathing in the salty, balmy sea breeze of the Arabian Sea is a memory I never forget – growing up in Karachi with lazy, hot Sundays by the beach, nothing came as close to comfort food as this Green masala prawn biryani – a celebration of fresh seafood, coriander leaves, chillis and mint infused with bay leaves, cardamom and carom seeds – nothing quite like eating fragrant prawn biryani by the seaside. To put the biryani on 'dum', turn the heat up and then, dial it to the lowest point. Once ready, gently mix the prawn and rice (taking special care to not break the rice) and place in large serving platter.