Ity's Crab Cakes. Crab cakes started as a staple dish in Maryland and Virginia but have become famous all over the United States. This family favorite is loaded with sweet and tender crab meat, Old Bay Seasoning, and breadcrumbs. Whether they're fried, baked, broiled, or grilled, the end product is a soft and flaky cake that is absolutely to die for.
It's easy and so much better than store-bought versions. Try it with crab cakes or pretty much any grilled, broiled, or pan-seared fish. In a medium bowl, stir together crabmeat, panko, and parsley. You can have Ity's Crab Cakes using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ity's Crab Cakes
- You need 1/3 cup of Mayonnaise.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of Dijon Mustard.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare of Salt to Taste.
- It’s of Black Pepper to Taste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Fresh or Dried Parsley.
- You need 3/4 cup of Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare 1 lb of Crab Meat or 1/2 lb Crab Meat and 1/2 lb Imitation Crab Meat.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, coat pan with oil and heat until shimmering. Trim and finely chop the spring onions, and pick and finely chop the parsley. Combine the crabmeat, potatoes, spring onion, parsley, white pepper, cayenne and egg in a bowl with a little sea salt. Dust with flour and shallow-fry in.
Ity's Crab Cakes step by step
- Add all the ingredients except the bread crumps and the crab meat into a bowl..
- Mix thoroughly..
- Split the crab meat into 2 1/2 lb bunches..
- Hand shred one half so its not in huge chunks but not small ity bitty pieces. If using imitation crab use the real crab for this part..
- Take the other half and use a blender for this and blend till totally minced. If doing imitation use just the imitation for this..
- Put the crab in the bowl with the other ingredients and mix well..
- Add the bread crumbs and mix well so its all evenly distributed..
- Make patties of the ingredients. This made me 13 cakes. but lets say make about 12 cakes..
- Heat a large pan on medium high heat..
- Melt a half stick of butter.
- Put in half the crab cakes and cook them for about 5 minutes each side.
- Repeat for the other half of the crab cakes..
- I enjoy these with a mix of cocktail and tartar sauce..
Store bought crab cakes use an abundance of fillers like celery, onion, red & yellow peppers, hearty amounts of breadcrumbs, and in many cases, contain several types of preservatives. They are also often made with back fin meat, which although more cost effective, has a more minced texture and a stronger sea flavor than lump or jumbo lump. What's The Best Kind of Crab Meat to Use for a Crab Cake? For the BEST sweetest and most tender meat, try the CLAW meat. It's perfectly acceptable to use LUMP crab too (it's more affordable).