Egg Drop Soup. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. HERE'S WHAT I DO FOR MY RESTAURANT STYLE EGG DROP SOUP. Let steep a few minutes to flavor broth.
In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil over medium heat. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into broth. Combine water and cornstarch; stir into boiling broth. You can have Egg Drop Soup using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Egg Drop Soup
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 4 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- You need 2 of green medium onions (for blessings of good health).
- You need 1 tsp of White Pepper (I added a bit more).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger (for blessings of good health).
- It’s 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of butter.
- You need 2 of eggs.
Stir a small amount of hot broth into slightly beaten egg. Add egg mixture into hot broth slowly, stirring all the time. Cook until clear and slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Egg drop soup, or egg flower soup, is a really basic boiled chicken broth soup, and in its simplest form, the only ingredients needed are the broth itself, eggs, and spring onions.
Egg Drop Soup instructions
- Boil water in medium sauce pan..
- Add chicken cubes, chopped up onions, white pepper, ginger, soy sauce, and butter to the boiling water..
- Bring all items to a quick boil..
- In a small bowl slightly beat the eggs. in gentle swipes drop the eggs in to the pan of boiling broth..
- Give a good stir and serve hot..
- You can add a block of broken up ramen to the soup for a little something extra if you like. Add when the soup is ready, allow to boil until noodles are tender..
Other ingredients are added to taste—like tofu, corn, or bean sprouts—and each cook has a take on the classic. In a large pot over medium heat, bring broth and ginger to boil. Whisk soy sauce and cornstarch together then whisk into broth. Whisk wine-cornstarch mixture into soup until combined. With the soup on a low simmer, stir once with a spoon to make a slight current.