Baked Sago Kheer. To begin making the Sago Kheer Recipe, firstly wash sago pearls under running water, strain and keep aside. Heat milk in heavy bottomed pan, till it starts to boil. Simmer the gas flame and add saffron, cardamom powder.
Here is how to make it. Baked Sago Pudding is a South African pudding delicacy. It feel like a sago kheer, but in a dessert avatar. You can have Baked Sago Kheer using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Sago Kheer
- It’s 1/2 litre of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of soaked sabudana.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare as needed of strands saffron.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Almond's sliced.
- You need 1/4 cup of Rajgira flour.
- It’s 1/4 of Rajgira dhani.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of condensed milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of homemade cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut.
- Prepare as needed of Almonds for garnishing.
- It’s as needed of Guava just jelly.
- You need 1 tbsp of strawberry crush.
I discovered this recipe by accident during some casual browsing and then it just stuck to me. I love anything with sago pearls and this dessert was calling out my name. Sabudana kheer is a sweet pudding made with sago, milk and sugar. It is a popular Indian sweet made on Hindu fasting days.
Baked Sago Kheer instructions
- Boil milk when starts bubbling add soaked sago & keep stirring continuously till thickens or sago turns transparent, add sugar, almonds, raisins and saffron & mix well. Turn off gas and cool it completely and transfer into another bowl..
- Add Rajgira flour, dhani,desiccated coconut, Condensed milk, cream and mix well..
- Pour the prepared mixture in a lined & greased mould tap and garnish with Almonds and bake at 190 degree Celsius for 205-30min.or till done in preheated oven..
- Cool and unmould and garnish with strawberry crush and Guava juzt jelly and serve in plate..
We generally make sabudana kheer during the Navratri Festival or during any of the fasting or vrat days. Desserts like kheer/payasam are actually super filling and make a complete meal on festivals. Kids favorite sabudana kheer, having small translucent pearls in coconut milk and jaggery syrup is the recipe I have brought for you today. Sabudana payasam was in my drafts since many days but I didn't have satisfactory clicks, so postponed it till today. Sago Kheer (often confused with Tapioca Pudding) is made with Milk, Sago Pearls, Sugar, Saffron, Cardamom and Kewra essence.