Baked Sago Kheer. How to make Sago Kheer Recipe – Tapioca Milk Pudding To begin making the Sago Kheer Recipe, firstly wash sago pearls under running water, strain and keep aside. Heat milk in a heavy bottom pan. When the milk comes to a boil, add the soaked sabudana and saffron strands.
Stir often so that the kheer or sabudana does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Some of the tapioca pearls would break too and also help in the thickening of sabudana kheer. These sago pearls are plain starch and this helps in the thickening. You can cook Baked Sago Kheer using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Sago Kheer
- You need of milk.
- Prepare of soaked sabudana.
- It’s of sugar.
- It’s of strands saffron.
- Prepare of Almond's sliced.
- It’s of Rajgira flour.
- You need of Rajgira dhani.
- Prepare of condensed milk.
- It’s of homemade cream.
- It’s of desiccated coconut.
- Prepare of Almonds for garnishing.
- You need of Guava just jelly.
- You need of strawberry crush.
Switch off the heat and add cashews and raisins. Desserts like kheer/payasam are actually super filling and make a complete meal on festivals. Kids favorite sabudana kheer, having small translucent pearls in coconut milk and jaggery syrup is the recipe I have brought for you today. Sabudana payasam was in my drafts since many days but I didn't have satisfactory clicks, so postponed it till today.
Baked Sago Kheer step by step
- Boil milk when starts bubbling add soaked sago & keep stirring continuously till thickens or sago turns transparent, add sugar, almonds, raisins and saffron & mix well. Turn off gas and cool it completely and transfer into another bowl..
- Add Rajgira flour, dhani,desiccated coconut, Condensed milk, cream and mix well..
- Pour the prepared mixture in a lined & greased mould tap and garnish with Almonds and bake at 190 degree Celsius for 205-30min.or till done in preheated oven..
- Cool and unmould and garnish with strawberry crush and Guava juzt jelly and serve in plate..
Sago Kheer (often confused with Tapioca Pudding) is made with Milk, Sago Pearls, Sugar, Saffron, Cardamom and Kewra essence. In Northern India, it is also ca. Some tips to make perfect Sabudana Kheer: Sabudana comes in different varities. If you like the kheer to be rich and creamy, use full-fat milk. Made from tapioca pearls or cassava, sabudana or sago is a processed food that makes for a great summer food.