Easy orange chicken. Chicken World – Order directly online or download our app and save your time! Order directly online or download our app. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders In a pan, heat oil on medium-high heat.
Gently score down the centre of each side of the breasts and place in a large mixing bowl. Add in the garlic and mix around with your hands. Leave overnight in the fridge to marinade. You can cook Easy orange chicken using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy orange chicken
- You need of for the sauce:.
- Prepare 1 cup of orange juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of white vinegar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- You need 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of water.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of red chili flakes (optional).
- You need of Orange zest from one orange.
- It’s of Prepare fried boneless wings (see my recipe).
- Prepare of Garnish: green onions (optional).
Flip the chicken pieces, breaking them apart from one another as you turn them. Turn the heat off under the skillet and pour on the prepared orange sauce. Stir to coat the chicken pieces in sauce. You do not want the pieces to be too big.
Easy orange chicken instructions
- Prepare chicken nuggets/ boneless wings (see my recipe).
- In medium sauce pan combine juice, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger garlic and chili flakes and cook on medium for 3 minutes..
- In separate bowl mix water and cornstarch. Pour cornstarch and water mixture into the orange sauce in the pan and continue cooking 5 minutes until it thickens. Remove from heat and add in orange zest if you wish..
- Toss chicken in sauce and garnish with green onions or zest if you wish and serve! Pairs great with fried or white rice and homemade crab rangoons (see my recipe for rangoons).
Toss the chicken pieces in a bowl and coat with the flour, corn starch, black pepper, onion powder, salt and ginger powder. Roast the chicken pieces until they're cooked through. Simmer the orange chicken sauce until it's thick—it'll just take a couple of minutes. Toss the chicken pieces with the orange chicken sauce, and serve! This easy orange chicken is a simplified version of the real thing with the sauce only needing three simple ingredients.