Couscous with Veggies & Chicken. Lightweight Camping Equipment – Meals, Stoves and Cookware. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil and fry the garlic for a minute, then add cucumber, celery and peppers. Cook and stir for a few minutes until soft.
Add the pepper, courgette, chickpeas, coriander and stock. Season with a little salt and lots of ground black pepper and bring to a gentle simmer. Place the vegetables and whole garlic cloves onto a large baking tray. You can cook Couscous with Veggies & Chicken using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Couscous with Veggies & Chicken
- You need of For the couscous.
- Prepare 500 g of semolina couscous.
- You need 4 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 3 cups of boiling water.
- Prepare of For the soup.
- Prepare 5 tbs of Canola / vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, cut in 4.
- It’s 2 of chicken drumsticks.
- Prepare 2 tbs of chicken consommé powder (or 2 cubes).
- It’s 3 of celery sticks, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of green cabbage.
- It’s 1 of carrot.
- You need 1 of zucchini.
- You need 1/2 of butternut squash.
- You need 1/2 of cauliflower.
- You need 1 cup of frozen chickpeas.
- It’s 1 of tap turmeric.
- You need 1 of tap paprika.
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
Cut peppers and squash into bite-size pieces (leave skin on the squash). Add onion, cumin, harissa and almonds. Mix in the salt & pepper, paprika, ground coriander, turmeric, celery salt, cumin ground cinnamon, and cayenne pepper (if using). Stir-fry until fragrant (about a minute).
Couscous with Veggies & Chicken step by step
- Pour the couscous into a wide bowl and prepare by: 1. Adding salt, turmeric and olive oil and mix 2. Adding 3 cups boiling water, stirring carefully and wrapping with cling film 3. Wait 2-3 minutes then uncovering the bowl and stiring the couscous with a fork to get a sandy texture.
- Cut onion to 4 and stir fry in canola oil.
- Add chicken drumsticks and fry.
- Chop celery and add.
- Cover 3/4 of the pot with boiling water, close the lead and cook while cutting the vegetables.
- Cut all veggies to big pieces and add to the soup.
- Add chickpeas.
- Cook (pot covered) on medium flame for 1+ hr.
- Taste and add liquids and/or spices if needed.
- Serve on a plate when the couscous is the base and the chicken, veggies and soup are on top.
Preparation Stir cooked vegetables such as roasted peppers and mushrooms into rehydrated couscous, or toss with chopped nuts and dried fruits and flavour with a pinch of your favourite spice. The couscous will absorb the hot water as it sits. Once the couscous has absorbed all the broth, fluff it with a fork. Onions, carrots, pumpkin, zucchini, turnips, cabbage, and chickpeas are typically used in Moroccan couscous. But don't be misled by the number seven in the dish's name; more or fewer vegetables may end up in a particular cook's version of couscous with seven vegetables.