Turkish Rice Pudding – Sutlac(chocolate version). Generally, Turkish Rice Pudding (Sütlaç) is best when made with fresh whole milk and cooled several hours before serving. It is made on the stove in a large and deep pot, then divided between oven safe bowls (usually made of clay) and baked in the oven until the tops are browned and settled. Add your water and rice to a medium-sized saucepan.
Sutlac (soot-laahch) or firin sutlac is a Turkish baked rice pudding made with short grain rice and milk. It's made on the stove in a large pot, then divided between oven safe bowls (usually made of clay) and baked in the oven until the tops are browned and settled. Then it's cooled in the fridge for a few hours before serving. You can have Turkish Rice Pudding – Sutlac(chocolate version) using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkish Rice Pudding – Sutlac(chocolate version)
- Prepare 1 cup of rice(any basmati or dehradun rice or any fragnent rice).
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dark chocolate.
- It’s 1 ltr of milk.
- Prepare as required of Walnut and salted kaju(slightly crushed).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
In a colander, rinse the rice until the water runs clear. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat. This pudding is creamy, rich, and not too sweet. Sprinkled with some ground cinnamon, it makes a delightful dessert to enjoy any time of the day.
Turkish Rice Pudding – Sutlac(chocolate version) instructions
- First wash the rice. In a pan add water and cook the rice or you can take already cooked rice. Till all the water is absorbed and the rice become sticky and smashed..
- Then crush the nuts a little. Add milk to the rice. Let it boil for 5 min. Then add the sugar. Cook till the sugar melts. Now in a bowl take cornstarch add milk to it. Mix it and put it in the milk. Keep stiring continously till it becomes thick..
- Now add the chopped chocolate and half of the dry fruits. Mix it. Then put it in small containers. In a pan add water, place a stand and then put the small containers. Cover the lid and then steam it for 20 min. Let it cool. Garnish it with the remaining dry fruits and gratted chocolate. Put it in the fridge. For 2-3 hrs and then serve. In the original recipe it is baked with egg and served hot..
Some cookbooks recommend serving Turkish rice pudding well-chilled but I and my wife loved a room-temperature version more. Try this Turkish delight and you won't be disappointed! Rice pudding is a great dessert, but Turkish Rice Pudding (Sütlaç) is the best! If you've ever been to Turkey, you know what I'm talking about. There are two distinct styles: home and restaurant.