Another Southern Fried Chicken Recipe. How to make Another Southern Fried Chicken Recipe, includes what ingredients must be processed first and when to add the spices. Dont forget, Put chicken in a mixing bowl. add the spices. mix chicken and spices by hand and let sit while u season flour. Meanwhile, slash the chicken thighs a few times as deep as the bone, keeping the skin on for maximum flavour.
Hold the top closed and shake well. Lift the pieces out and shake off any excess, but don't do this too hard or you'll end up with no coating. For the marinade, mix the ingredients together in a large bowl, add the chicken and coat well. You can cook Another Southern Fried Chicken Recipe using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Another Southern Fried Chicken Recipe
- It’s 1 of whole fryer cut up… I save the thighs and backs for broth.
- It’s 2 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground paprika.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of season salt.
- It’s 3 cup of flour.
- Prepare of ** if you only want to cook wings…
- Prepare 6 of chicken wings (my family likes wings only so i sometime just cook wings).
Refrigerate overnight, or for at least four hours. Our homemade fried chicken recipes include buttermilk Southern fried chicken, garlic Kiev, and crispy Korean wings. Fried chicken is an unsurpassable takeaway choice that always hits the spot. Whether you like yours in a burger with fries on the side or crunchy wings (our cut of choice as it means more batter per portion), it's possible to achieve that authentic fried chicken flavour in your.
Another Southern Fried Chicken Recipe step by step
- Soak chicken in buttermilk for about 2 hours, this helps chicken stay moist and tender.
- Put chicken in a mixing bowl. add the spices.. mix chicken and spices by hand and let sit while u season flour..
- You can put flour in paper bag or bowl. add 1/2 t salt, 1/4 t pepper, 1/2 t garlic powder..
- Shake bag to mix flour. put 2 pieces of chicken in bag at a time and shake to coat.. place coated wings on newspaper until you are ready to fry it..
- Put oil in skillet (I love cast iron). turn skillet on Med high until oil is hot. to check if it is ready put a pinch of flour in the oil and see if it sizzles or fries..
- Start placing pieces of chicken in grease. IF THE GREASE IS NOT HOT ENOUGH THE CHICKEN WILL ABSORB OIL AND B SOGGY!!!.
- After the skillet is full, turn skillet to Med and cover..
- (my mom's secret) allow chicken to cook for 15 minutes on that side undisturbed. for thick chicken breast turn chicken over and cook for another 15 minutes. for wings fry about 10-12 min each side..
- I drain mine on newspaper but put a towel over it to allow moisture to stay in it..
Now thats some REAL southern FRIED chicken! Thats what I call SOUL FOOD! This ensures the chicken is juicy and can help the flour stick better. Replace the milk with evaporated milk if you prefer. Use a seasoned salt blend as a substitute for the salt and pepper.