Slow Cooker Pork with Peach BBQ Sauce. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Looking For B B Q Sauce?
I'm still learning the mysterious arts of using a slow cooker. My husband is an expert, but I've learned to trust the "low and slow" advice he gave me. With this recipe, we used the "medium" setting for half the cooking time which managed. You can have Slow Cooker Pork with Peach BBQ Sauce using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Pork with Peach BBQ Sauce
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 11/4 Tsp of Kosher Salt, divided.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Course ground black Pepper.
- You need 1 of Pork Shoulder (original recipe called for bone in).
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Balsamic Vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Molasses.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Crushed Red Pepper.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Peach Preserves.
- You need 1/2 of Diced White Onion.
- Prepare 5 Tsp of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Bourbon Whiskey.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Cold Water.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Corn Starch.
Add preserves, stirring with a whisk. Slow Cooker Pork with Peach BBQ Sauce step by step. In a non reactive bowl, mix the chicken stock, balsamic vinegar, Molasses and Soy Sauce. Prepare the pork by rubbing the paprika, salt and pepper over the entire pork shoulder.
Slow Cooker Pork with Peach BBQ Sauce instructions
- In a well ventillated kitchen, or on your grill on your balcony, braise the pork 2.5 Minutes on each side, in a large cast iron or stainless steel pan coated with Pam or Canola oil, and put the pork shoulder in the crock pot, and turn it on low..
- In a non reactive bowl, mix the chicken stock, balsamic vinegar, Molasses and Soy Sauce. Pour it into the pan you cooked the pork roast in, bringing it nearly to a boil. Use a whisk to deglaze the pan for about 10 Minutes. Pour the mixture back into the non reactive bowl, and transfer it (pour it over the pork shoulder in the slow cooker)..
- Sprinkle the diced white onions over the Pork Shoulder, along with the minced Garlic. Using a spoon, spread the peach preserves over the top of the Pork Shoulder. Cook the Pork Shoulder on Medium for 1.5 – 2 hours, then you can shift the temperature back to low, and cook it on low for 3.5 hours or so. Temp the Pork Shoulder, and it should be close to 170 degrees which it's safe to serve at..
- After the Pork Shoulder has slow cooked for 4.5 to 5.5 hours or so, assuming some of the cook time was done at Medium rather than low the entire time. If it cooked at low, I'd suggest cooking at least 6.5 hours, and making sure the meat temperature reaches a safe 170 degrees..
- Drain the juices from the slow cooker pot, strain them into a gravy separator, and let sit for 10 minutes to drain off the fat from the gravy. This should render about 3 cups of liquid. Add the bourbon. Reduce the liquid in a non stick fry pan, keeping it moving and scraping the pan the entire time until it boils off about 2/3 to 1/2 of the 3 cups. Mix 2 tablespoons of cold water with the cornstarch in a small bowl or ramekin, and add it to the reduced juices, to thicken it into a gravy..
- Slice the roast and serve it with garlic baby potatoes, and green beans, with gravy on the side..
Add to a slow cooker, cover with the peach bbq sauce. Sprinkle the white onion over the pork. Place the pork in a large slow cooker. Pour the peach barbecue sauce over the top. I put the pork in the slow cooker before we left for church on Sunday morning and it made a delicious dinner.