Mixed fruit rice kheer tarts. Kheer is made of rice, milk, nuts and saffron for flavour. Today I am sharing my version of kheer "Mixed Fruit And Nuts Kheer" flavorful and healthier. I have used rice flour, nuts, dry fruits, fresh fruits and flavored with saffron.
When delicious ingredients are combined into a dessert, you definitely get a worth trying elegant and delectable dessert. How to Make Mixed Fruit Kheer. Crush almonds and pistachios coarsely and keep aside. You can have Mixed fruit rice kheer tarts using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mixed fruit rice kheer tarts
- You need of For Kheer -.
- It’s of Full fat milk.
- It’s of Cardamom.
- Prepare of Soaked rice.
- Prepare of Chopped cashew nuts.
- It’s of Chopped almonds.
- You need of Sugar as per taste.
- It’s of tin fruit cocktail.
- You need of Pineapple essence.
- It’s of Butter.
- You need of For tart :.
- You need of Whole wheat flour.
- Prepare of Butter.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of sugar.
Boil rice in plenty of water till half done. Drain and spread on a plate, to cool the grains. Heat milk, bring to a boil. Add rice, stirring continuously till boiling resumes.
Mixed fruit rice kheer tarts step by step
- For the kheer, Boil the milk, once it starts boiling reduce the flame and add the rice and cardamom powder..
- Cook till the rice is done then add sugar as per taste, cook till the milk is thick..
- Add pineapple essence before turning of the flame..
- Blend the fruits in a blender. Add butter to a pan and add the fruits along with little sugar syrup from the tin..
- Cook till the puree is jam like in consistency..
- Mix the kheer and the fruit puree when they have reached room temperature..
- For tart, Take whole wheat flour, sugar and salt, mix well..
- Rub the butter into the flour with finger tips and mix well..
- Add a tablespoon or two of ice cold water and knead to make stiff dough..
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes..
- Roll out the dough into thin rounds. Lift it with a help of palate knife onto tart moulds or mini muffin moulds..
- Gently place them inside the tart shells. Place all of them in the same manner..
- Prick all over the tarts with a fork and Bake at 180 degrees C for 15 minutes..
- To assemble, Fill the tarts with mixed fruit kheer and top with chopped mixed fruits and serve..
Simmer, stirring occasionally, to keep rice from sticking to bottom. Heat ghee in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the milk and let the rice cook in it. Keep stirring frequently so that the rice and milk do not stick to the bottom of the pan. One can easily cook this rich, sugary dish by gently mixing rice, milk, sugar, and ghee on a low flame.