Butternut Squash Coconut Rice Pudding. In a sauce pan combine rice, coconut milk, cinnamon stick & crushed cardamom pod and stir over medium heat until bubbles. Healthy and delicious dessert, made with spiralised butternut squash and coconut rice. Stir in coconut flakes, dates and rice.
Working in batches, add the butternut squash cubes to the food processor. Blend the squash for a few seconds. Continue pulsing the butternut squash until it is about the size of grains. You can have Butternut Squash Coconut Rice Pudding using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Coconut Rice Pudding
- You need of . 1.5 cups roasted spaghetti squash.
- You need of . 1 cup brown or white rice.
- It’s of . 1 Can of coconut milk.
- It’s of . 1 egg + 1 egg yolk.
- Prepare of . Cinnamon stick or 1 tsp. powdered cinnamon.
- It’s of . 1-2 Cardamom pods.
- You need of . 1 tbsp. bourbon – optional.
- Prepare of . 5 dates (soak in boiling water for 10 minutes)1 tsp. vanilla.
- Prepare of . 1/2c shredded coconut unsweetened.
Add onion, shallot, curry powder, salt, coriander, and pepper. Stir in the broth and the coconut milk. In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar and corn starch. In the container of a blender, combine the squash purée, half and half, brown sugar mixture, pinch of salt, and egg yolks.
Butternut Squash Coconut Rice Pudding instructions
- Cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds and bake for 40 mins at 450 degrees cut side down or until until tender then use a fork to separate the strands from the skin.
- In a sauce pan combine rice, coconut milk, cinnamon stick & crushed cardamom pod and stir over medium heat until bubbles begin to form but do not let it boil..
- Stimmer for 5 -10 minutes or until mixture thickens Allow mixture to sit while preparing other ingredients.
- Mash soften dates with fork Whisk the egg and egg yolks in a mix.
- Whisk in vanilla, bourbon & dates slowly, while whisking continually, introduce the coconut milk mixture a few tbsp at a time to the eggs (so they don’t curdle) then add the rest. Add the spaghetti squash.
- Grease 4 ramekins divide pudding mixture evenly between the and bake in a water bath 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean..
Sorry- no hot soups on Sundays. DELIVERY available all day thru UBEREATS. You will notice the middle starts to set when the pudding is done. They can stand in equally well as either the ideal appetizer or as an elegant main dish for dinner. Wonton wrappers instead of pasta make these ravioli incredibly easy.