Southern Fried Chicken. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Check Out Southern Chicken On eBay. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan.
Lift the pieces out and shake off any excess, but don't do this too hard or you'll end up with no coating. "This is an incredible fried chicken recipe, one that I've subtly evolved from that of my dear friend Art Smith, one of the kings of southern American comfort food. I've finished the chicken in the oven, purely because you really do need a big fryer to do it properly, as well as for good temperature control, and this method is much friendlier for home cooking. " Dip the chicken into the mixture and turn to coat well on all sides. Place on the lined baking tray. You can cook Southern Fried Chicken using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Southern Fried Chicken
- Prepare 1 of whole chicken.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 2 cups of self rising flour.
- Prepare as required of salt pepper and.
- It’s of oil for frying.
Heat the vegetable oil in a deep pan, until very hot. Dip the chicken thighs and drumsticks in the flour mixture, then in the egg, then in the flour mixture again. Leftover fried chicken can be reheated with good results. Take the chicken out of the refrigerator and bring it to room temperature.
Southern Fried Chicken instructions
- Wash chicken and pat dry..
- Pour buttermilk into a small bowl..
- Dip chicken into buttermilk, covering all surfaces..
- Mix flour, salt and pepper separately. Then place the dipped chicken into the flour mixture..
- Heat 3/4 inch of oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat..
- Put the chicken pieces into the oil, let it brown lightly on both sides, reduce heat to medium low and fry till it becomes cooked..
Now thats some REAL southern FRIED chicken! Thats what I call SOUL FOOD! Serve immediately with favourite sides and enjoy! Korean fried chicken If you like your fried chicken saucy, Korean-style is the way to go. Use chicken wings coated in cornflour for your base, then top with a sweet-spicy-salty sauce of brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger and gochujang chilli.