Southern Fried Chicken. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Take half of the chicken out of the milk, shake off any excess and put in the bag of seasoned flour. Hold the top closed and shake well.
Place on the lined baking tray. I've finished the chicken in the oven, purely because you really do need a big fryer to do it properly, as well as for good temperature control, and this method is much friendlier for home cooking. " "The freshness of the chicken was pretty evident from the first bite itself, the chicken was really tender and juicy, unlike the white fibrous chicken I used to get in KFC." Zomato Review. Heat the vegetable oil in a deep pan, until very hot. You can have Southern Fried Chicken using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southern Fried Chicken
- You need of whole chicken.
- It’s of buttermilk.
- You need of self rising flour.
- Prepare of salt pepper and.
- It’s of oil for frying.
Dip the chicken thighs and drumsticks in the flour mixture, then in the egg, then in the flour mixture again. Leftover fried chicken can be reheated with good results. Take the chicken out of the refrigerator and bring it to room temperature. Now thats some REAL southern FRIED chicken!
Southern Fried Chicken step by step
- Wash chicken and pat dry..
- Pour buttermilk into a small bowl..
- Dip chicken into buttermilk, covering all surfaces..
- Mix flour, salt and pepper separately. Then place the dipped chicken into the flour mixture..
- Heat 3/4 inch of oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat..
- Put the chicken pieces into the oil, let it brown lightly on both sides, reduce heat to medium low and fry till it becomes cooked..
Thats what I call SOUL FOOD! Serve immediately with favourite sides and enjoy! Korean fried chicken If you like your fried chicken saucy, Korean-style is the way to go. Use chicken wings coated in cornflour for your base, then top with a sweet-spicy-salty sauce of brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger and gochujang chilli. Southern fried chicken with garlic butter, fried potatoes and bread by James Martin.