Instant Pot "New World" Chicken Paprikash. Great recipe for Instant Pot "New World" Chicken Paprikash. A little personal rendition of my own to one of my all time favourite dishes, Hungary's CHICKEN PAPRIKASH. This recipe is done in an INSTANT POT pressure cooker.
A little personal rendition of my own to one of my all time favourite dishes, Hungary's CHICKEN PAPRIKASH. This recipe is done in an INSTANT POT pressure cooker. I use what I like to refer to as a BAZA. You can have Instant Pot "New World" Chicken Paprikash using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot "New World" Chicken Paprikash
- It’s 1 (250 ml) of container of full fat sour creme.
- Prepare 5 of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed.
- Prepare 2 strips of bacon.
- Prepare 1 of rib celery, minced.
- You need 3 of roma tomatoes, minced.
- It’s 1 of large vidalia onion, minced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 3 tbsp of white flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream (or table cream).
- Prepare 1 of red pepper minced.
- Prepare 15 of white mushrooms, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of sweet paprika.
- You need 2 tbsp of dried dill.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of white pepper.
In culinary terms, the French use a MIREPOIX, Cajuns use a TRINITY, and my own style of new world/old world Ukrainian cooking, I. Sprinkle the diced tomato over the chicken. In a medium bowl, whisk together tomato sauce, paprika, and chicken broth. Here is how you cook that.
Instant Pot "New World" Chicken Paprikash step by step
- Set instant pot to SAUTE function. Add bacon. Remove bacon when nearly cooked/crispy. Add salt, and white and black pepper..
- Remove bacon. Keep bacon grease in pot. Add cubed chicken. Cook until golden brown. Remove from pot, remove liquid and save for further step.
- Keep instant pot on SAUTE. Add oil. Add mushrooms, celery, pepper, onion. Saute 10 minutes. Stir frequently to avoid burning..
- Add parika and garlic. Cook 4 minutes. Stir constantly! Make sure garlic does not burn..
- Mince reserved bacon. Add to pot with cooked chicken, reserved chicken liquid, and chicken stock. Add to pressure cooker..
- Add diced tomatoes. Saute another 3 minutes. Keep stirring..
- Cover instant pot, set to pressure cook for 25 minutes. Slowly release pressure. Then cover..
- Mix cream, sour cream, and flour in a mixing bowl. Wisk it in a seperate bowl with some liquid from instant pot thoroughly so no clumps are seen..
- Slowly stir in flour/cream/liquid mixture. Stir well..
- Let sit and thicken for about 20 minutes, covered..
- Add dried dill. Mix well..
- Serve over pasta of your choice: i prefer Spaetzle or mini shells. Anything works at this point..
Instructions Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot® and heat ghee. In the bottom of the pressure cooker, add olive oil and butter. Turn instant pot on "SAUTE" and add chicken thighs. Step-by-step how to make Instant Pot Chicken Paprikash Turn on Instant Pot and press the SAUTE function. Pour in olive oil and add diced onion.