Easy and Clean Rice Ball (Onigiri). Easy and Clean Rice Ball (Onigiri) Mogco Tokyo Tokyo, Japan. How to make Onigiri in a triangle? You can put any ingredients as you like, such as cheese and avocados.
Onigiri is typically made with sushi rice. This sticky, short-grain type of rice makes it easy to form compact balls that encase the filling without compressing it too densely. (Here's how to make sushi rice.) You can also use other types of rice, such as regular white rice, but it's important that it is short-grain. Simply form a bed of rice on your palm with a small indent in the center, fill the indent with your filling, and pack it together like you're forming a snowball. You can cook Easy and Clean Rice Ball (Onigiri) using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy and Clean Rice Ball (Onigiri)
- Prepare of cooked rice.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of canned tuna (mixed with mayonnaise and black pepper).
- Prepare of nori.
Once your filling is enclosed completely in rice, continue shaping the ball until you achieve your desired shape and wrap the final creation in nori. The traditional shapes are either circular or triangular. Onigiri is sometimes called as Japanese Rice Ball. It is a chunk of rice filled with some food such as plum, grilled salmon, or you can put pretty much any f.
Easy and Clean Rice Ball (Onigiri) instructions
- Cut wrapping film to a length of about 30 cm. Spread it on a table, and sprinkle 2 pinches of salt..
- Spread cooked rice on the middle of the wrapping film..
- Put some ingredients (tuna) on the position shown in the picture below..
- Hold the end of the wrapping film. And fold back from the non-filling side in half..
- Fold the end of the film and make a triangle to hold gently..
- Spread the film to remove between the rice..
- Wrap the rice with film again. Hold gently to shape into a triangle..
- Roll some nori as you like. Now your Onigiri is ready!.
Wet your hands with water and rub vinegar between your hands. Dip our pointer finger into some salt and rub between your hands, this will help prevent the rice from sticking to your hands. See my guide to making onigiri for in depth instructions. Onigiri is a rice ball which is both a comfort food and a to-go meal in Japan. If you lack skills to mold the rice and you wish to make perfect onigiri to impress friends in a party then consider getting one of those plastic rice ball moulds.