Hungarian chicken paprikash. Get just the right utensils for the job. Free UK delivery on eligible orders Check Out Hungarian On eBay. Check Out Great Products On eBay.
This one-pot classic Hungarian chicken dish for chicken paprikash (some call it chicken paprika) combines five key Hungarian ingredients—onions, green peppers, tomatoes, paprika, and sour cream. The dish can be pulled together quickly, especially if the vegetables are prepped the night before. Heat bacon dripping in a large frying pan over medium heat. You can cook Hungarian chicken paprikash using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hungarian chicken paprikash
- It’s 6 large of chicken breasts.
- You need 1 large of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sr flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1/3 lb of bacon chopped.
- You need 2 cup of white wine, I used chardonnay, by Yellowtail.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- You need of chopped parsley for garnish.
Add onion, garlic, salt, chillies and paprika. Stir together and saute until onion is translucent. Add chicken pieces and pour water over all. Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan placed over a medium heat.
Hungarian chicken paprikash step by step
- Render the bacon in a deep pan, or large pan until it is crispy. Put it on paper towels to drain. Reserve the bacon oil..
- Saute the finely chopped onion in the bacon oil until it is golden brown. Remove the onion set aside save the oil..
- Make a dredging mixture of two parts flour to one part paprika. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then dredge each piece of chicken breast in the flour/paprika mixture. Saute each piece of chicken in the bacon oil in which you previously cooked the onion. Add some olive oil if there isn't enough bacon oil left from cooking the onions..
- When all of the chicken is browned, add the bacon, and onion back to the pot. Add enough white wine to cover the chicken, bacon, and onions and simmer slowly until the meat is fork tender..
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place onto serving platter. Add the sour cream to the wine mixture left in the pan and heat gently. Whisk mixture together. Do not over heat as it will break down the sour cream..
- When the sauce is well-fixed and quite warm, add chicken back into pan, and serve with the chicken..
Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and add them to the pan. Remove the chicken and set aside. Return chicken to pot, and add enough chicken broth to cover. In a large pot, heat the oil and sauté the onion until translucent. Cook until the mushrooms are just softened.