Cabbage and ground beef. Bring cabbage mixture to a simmer and crumble ground beef into the pot. Add salt, pepper, thyme, red pepper flakes and chopped cabbage. In a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat, add the ground beef, chopped onion, and chopped green bell pepper.
Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe quickly! ← Back. Start with beef – in a medium or large skillet heat up a little bit of oil over medium heat. When the skillet is warm, add ground beef, salt, and pepper to taste and cook until golden brown. You can have Cabbage and ground beef using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cabbage and ground beef
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of ground beef or meat of your choice.
- Prepare 1 medium of head of cabbage.
- You need 1 large of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of salt more or less to your taste.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
In a large pan, brown ground beef until no longer pink. Add onion and continue cooking until translucent. Drain extra fat if needed (or leave it and don't use the butter). Heat a skillet over medium heat.
Cabbage and ground beef instructions
- In a pan add ground meat, onion, cabbage, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cover stirring occasionally..
- Simmer cover stirring occasionally for 20 minutes till cabbage is tender.
- Keep covered remove from heat. Let rest 5 minutes serve! Hope you enjoy!.
When hot, add oil and allow it to heat up as well. Cook, breaking up the beef as you do, until the beef is browned. Finely chop or dice the onion, and shred the cabbage. Add the ground beef to a skillet, and cook until it has browned thoroughly. Add finely diced onion and shredded or finely chopped cabbage.